FINALLY! I consider the EOS 100D/SL1 the camera that rebels should have been all along over the last 10 years!
It will probably sell extremely well, once initial price levels drop.
* a DSLR finally "small and light enough" ... compared to m4/3, Sony-Nex and other ILC-systems
* optical viewfinder
* takes EF-S and EF- lenses natively without an adapter
* no loss of funcationality compared to T5i/700D - except articulated LCD
1. sensor / IQ - unknown, but I do not expect a major upgrade in that department (DR, Hi-ISO noise)
2. AF performance - unknown, but early hints (dpreview) are: AF-speed still sucks big time
Sidenote: looks like the lens mount/bayonet is made of plastics, rather then steel/metal?