October 24, 2014, 03:18:34 PM

Poll

dissapointed?

yes
no
i don´t care about rebels

Author Topic: so the EOS-Bull and T5i are announced this week... no 70D as it seems  (Read 7536 times)

Canon-F1

who thinks we will see 3 new DSLR´s this week?

and who really thinks the T5i will have a new sensor?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

canon rumors FORUM

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: so the EOS-Bull and T5i are announced this week... no 70D as it seems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »
Canon lingers while the D7100 is already shipping...

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Most Desired Vapor-Items.

1. 135mm F/1.8L IS USM
2. 14-24L F/2.8
3. New 50mm Designs.

Ewinter

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
Jesus, quite griping. there's plenty of threads already moaning about canon's tactics.
And while canon take their time, they've produced some amazing cameras-the good stuff will come

Malte_P

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
canon seem to think the rebels are so good they don´t need improvements.

i am suprised what a lame new 700D this is.

i hope the rumor is wrong.

jimmy156

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »
The negativity and whining on this site are unbelievable.

Anyone would think that you were being forced to buy Canon gear at gunpoint, and that every camera they produce should appeal to you personally and blow the 1dx spec out of the water but cost £500.

Honestly, this is a great site with an active forum, but the bitching and whining is enough to put anyone off!

Canon-F1

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
canon seem to think the rebels are so good they don´t need improvements.

i am suprised what a lame new 700D this is.

canon is now doing it the olympus way.

instead of innovations you get new creative or "ART" filters.  :P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »

Canon-F1

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »

Anyone would think that you were being forced to buy Canon gear at gunpoint, and that every camera they produce should appeal to you personally and blow the 1dx spec out of the water but cost £500.

Honestly, this is a great site with an active forum, but the bitching and whining is enough to put anyone off!

i would be happy if they are able to compete with nikon... and produce a noticeable better sensor every 4 years.

but thank you for your thoughts.  :P

Drum

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
personally I wouldn't be buying a rebel/xxxD however when you compare these Specs to the Competition they just seem so dated. new users won't always consider how good a camera is they look at the price and the headline specs, then make their decision, if they do investigate further and get as far as DXOMARK then we all know that both nikon cameras and lenses seem to get better scores on that site than their canon counterparts. Entry level cameras should be about getting new users using Canon.... not driving them towards the competition.
(Just in case anyone is wondering I'll still stick with Canon......... till the next round of disappointment anyway!!)

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »

Didn't you get the memo?

Dialog with useful information: 15-25%
Dialog with bitching & whining:    100%

Ladislav

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
My first disappointment was quickly replaced with satisfaction. I'm Rebel T4i user and I want to upgrade. I was about to buy 6D when I saw rumors about new APS-C cameras coming. So I waited. If 70D is announced this week I may wait even longer before it is available and before some reviews come out. Now if it will not be announced I can happily buy 6D next month without waiting for miracle. I'm quite happy with its specs and I believe it will be nice companion to my Tamron 24-70 VC and 70-300L.
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 70-300 L IS | 430 EX II | Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 + MH054M0-Q2

ragmanjin

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Life's never boring when you're insane
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
Looks like 2013 won't be the year I come back to Canon...still waiting on something actually NEW, something actually versatile enough to be considered professional. Besides, I don't understand why any Rebel users have upgraded from the T2i in the last few years, as far as I know it was the last of the line to win any awards and most definitely the last to change any "game" whatsoever.
Hard as you try, Canon, there's still a tiny yet unquenchable hope in my heart that you'll come up with something good again someday. As it stands, personally, it'll be a race between you and Pentax to see who can up the resolution and drop the AA filter in an APS-C camera first. Whoever it is will see me reinvest in the consumer DSLR market in a hurry and put away my medium format when I'm not on a paid job — or on a web-only or photojournalistic gig (hopefully it's soon, at 40 & 60MP my hard drives are filling up fast). We certainly don't need 60mp in a consumer camera, or even a full frame, but a filterless 20mp sounds about right; we are smart enough to use the moiré brush in Lightroom the rare times it's necessary.
Kodak A-1 Autographic, Pentax K1000, Canon EOS ELAN 7E, Mamiya 645AFD, Samsung Pro815, Canon XT, T2i, T3i, G11, SX40, Nikon D7000, Pentax K5IIs, Phase One DF+, P30+ and P45+ digital backs, Nikon D800....several systems worth of glass and lighting equipment. Regular renter of other gear

Jan Jasinski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
that means i can stop visiting this website every few hours to check for news.
two crap cameras to be announced on friday.   >:(

canon again dissapoints while new nikon cameras continue to have an wow effect.
+1
I'm waiting to upgrade my Rebel XS as it's seriously limiting me in every aspect except for weight  :P
The 7D isn't worth it for me because of the terrible ISO performance.
If Canon doesn't release a 70D or 7D2 that are really outstanding with close (but not as good) ISO performance as the 6D, 5D3 & 1DX and updated sensors i'll just have to invest into a 17-40L and 6D or move to the dark side.
Sure i'm whinning but myself & many others who are eager to upgrade their bodies are dissapointed to see 2 new camera's that were never even mentioned and don't look in any way amazing. I wouldn't upgrade from a Rebel XS to a T5i because I wouldn't consider it being a big "upgrade" .

Canon surely wants to aim for the starters that buy Rebels but there is just as much if not more market in the xxD or xD lines.

Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:46:53 PM by Jan Jasinski »
Canon 6D | 17-40L | 50 II | 70-200 f/4L | 400 f/5.6L
http://www.flickr.com/photos/janjasinski/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Most Desired Vapor-Items.

1. 135mm F/1.8L IS USM
2. 14-24L F/2.8
3. New 50mm Designs.

i'd ad a 300f4L IS II to that list :)
APS-H Fanboy

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »
Let's be fair... Canon released three major full frame upgrades in the past 12 month cycle...3 actually before the end of the year 2012...1DX, 5D3, and 6D....

So now they are releasing a few for the average consumer aka non-fanboys... come on now boys...seriously... How many bodies more can Canon release in quick succession? If you were them, wouldn't you want to pace yourself?

How can they possibly keep on releasing major updated bodies and lenses every two weeks because forum members expect something new to chew on and dissect? hmm? ;)
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »