December 18, 2014, 09:29:01 AM

Poll

dissapointed?

yes
no
i don´t care about rebels

Author Topic: so the EOS-Bull and T5i are announced this week... no 70D as it seems  (Read 7921 times)

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: so the EOS-Bull and T5i are announced this week... no 70D as it seems
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
I can't comment on the 6D, I don't own it...but the 1DX is a significant improvement over my 1DsIII. I did not own the 5D2, so can't comment on a direct comparison, but I am very happy with the 5D3, and folks who have upgraded from 5D2 seem to be overall happy.

I fail to see an overwhelming discontent among the users. Just my 2c.
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
Let's be fair... Canon released three major full frame upgrades in the past 12 month cycle...3 actually before the end of the year 2012...1DX, 5D3, and 6D....

So now they are releasing a few for the average consumer aka non-fanboys... come on now boys...seriously... How many bodies more can Canon release in quick succession? If you were them, wouldn't you want to pace yourself?

How can they possibly keep on releasing major updated bodies and lenses every two weeks because forum members expect something new to chew on and dissect? hmm? ;)

there is on big fault in your post...  it´s not about how many "new" models canon releases!
it´s about WHAT canon releases.

major updated bodies

have i missed something?

those who complain, complain about image quality (sensors).
and canon has not improved IQ for a great percentage of users.
those who don´t shot at high ISO have no reason to upgrade to a new canon camera.

You need to relax. Keep in mind that the 1DX is the BEST camera of its class. The 5D M3 takes from the 1DX and has the BEST AF in its class.

You're complaining for low ISO IQ when low ISO wasn't the one that needed improvement, it was high ISO and Canon again is the BEST in that area. Relax a bit, seriously.

Oh plus the 6D has the BEST low light AF.....

Canon-F1

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 07:38:04 PM »
I can't comment on the 6D, I don't own it...but the 1DX is a significant improvement over my 1DsIII. I did not own the 5D2, so can't comment on a direct comparison, but I am very happy with the 5D3, and folks who have upgraded from 5D2 seem to be overall happy.

I fail to see an overwhelming discontent among the users. Just my 2c.

you mean those who stick with the 5D MK3.

i have bought a 5D MK3 on amazon, tested it for a week, returned it.

it offered me not nearly enough for the money i had to invest.
i shoot sports too but the 7D is my weapon of choice for sport.

i saw no reason to buy the 5D MK3 and replace my 5D MK2 for landscape work.

Canon-F1

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 07:43:24 PM »
You're complaining for low ISO IQ when low ISO wasn't the one that needed improvement, it was high ISO and Canon again is the BEST in that area. Relax a bit, seriously.

well you don´t know what i want or need, so much is certain.
i don´t care about HIGH ISO.

when i look at the D800 and it´s LOW ISO performance i tell you that is where canon needs to improve. or do you love canons ugly shadow banding for example?

yeah well that´s open to discussion.
it may has the most sensitive central cross point. that´s pretty much it.

does not help S___ when you want to track a subject in low light.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:46:05 PM by Canon-F1 »

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

well you don´t know what i want or need, so much is certain.
i don´t care about HIGH ISO.

when i look at the D800 and it´s LOW ISO performance i tell you that is where canon needs to improve. or do you love canons ugly shadow banding for example?

yeah well that´s open to discussion.
it may has the most sensitive central cross point. that´s pretty much it.

does not help S___ when you want to track a subject in low light.

Lmao...SO GET THE D800!
Canon is still improving, and just cause they don't improve in what YOU want doesn't mean jack to the companies standing in innovation.

Canon-F1

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »
Lmao...SO GET THE D800!
Canon is still improving, and just cause they don't improve in what YOU want doesn't mean jack to the companies standing in innovation.

well many have, for the reason i stated.  :P

but i have 15000+ euro worth of canon glass.. i can´t just switch.

and it´s a shame i have to explain that to every brand loyal fanboy with a 1100D and a kit lens.
when i had not such a massive investment in canon .. i would have switched to a D800E a long time ago.

Skirball

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
If Canon doesn't release a 70D or 7D2 that are really outstanding with close (but not as good) ISO performance as the 6D, 5D3 & 1DX and updated sensors i'll just have to invest into a 17-40L and 6D or move to the dark side.

You're really expecting the 70D, or even 7D2 for that matter, to have close to the same ISO performance as the latest model FF cameras?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
every time someone mentions the D800 is the better landscape camera some people here behave like kids.

No it's not. My dad's camera can beat up your dad's camera anyway.  :P

Seriously, though...anyone with some common sense should acknowledge that, at least from the standpoint of sensor-based IQ.  But it's a tool, that's all.  If I need to drive in a nail, the best screwdriver in the world isn't going to help me much.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 08:45:55 PM »
If Canon doesn't release a 70D or 7D2 that are really outstanding with close (but not as good) ISO performance as the 6D, 5D3 & 1DX and updated sensors i'll just have to invest into a 17-40L and 6D or move to the dark side.

You're really expecting the 70D, or even 7D2 for that matter, to have close to the same ISO performance as the latest model FF cameras?

He may be closer to the mark than you think...
Perhaps not the 70D...but I fully expect future 7D2 to rival high ISO of not just 5D3, may be even the 1DX... it will jive well with the intended use of a cropped high speed camera. The price will probably reflect that.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »

He may be closer to the mark than you think...
Perhaps not the 70D...but I fully expect future 7D2 to rival high ISO of not just 5D3, may be even the 1DX... it will jive well with the intended use of a cropped high speed camera. The price will probably reflect that.

if thats true i can't wait top see what the next gen FF sensors deliver :D

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:55:52 PM by wickidwombat »
APS-H Fanboy

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
Wiki, you need to correct your post...you entered your text in the middle of my words ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:54:44 PM by RS2021 »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »
Wiki, you need to correct your post...you entered your text in the middle of my words ;)

woops

fixed :-[
APS-H Fanboy

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »

woops

fixed :-[

Hehe...tnx...it just flows better that way  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
Since CR posted no 70D this weeks a few days ago, I'd say it isn't coming.  The two Rebels will likely have the new hybrid sensor that first appeared in the T4i.

If the 70D is a minor upgrade to the 60D, I'd have no interest in it either.  Without AFMA, I'd probably skip a camera unless it was for manual focus.

For the likely price of a 7D MK II, I'd prefer a 1D MK IV.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »
The negativity and whining on this site are unbelievable.

Anyone would think that you were being forced to buy Canon gear at gunpoint, and that every camera they produce should appeal to you personally and blow the 1dx spec out of the water but cost £500.

Honestly, this is a great site with an active forum, but the bitching and whining is enough to put anyone off!

Didn't you get the memo?

Dialog with useful information: 15-25%
Dialog with bitching & whining:    100%

the math puzzles me but anyway...

posts to boost and support fanboy moral: 50%

:D
Ha ha, that's funny, expecially since many people's definition of a Canon fanboy is someone who's fed up with hearing small a minority on this forum that D800 is sooooooooooooo goooooooood. If so, then I am happy to be called a fanboy.

Seriously, about this launch. If I was in the market for a 70D or a 7D2 I might be a bit disappointed, but I am set for gear for quite some time now. I might admit to being a bit surprised that they haven't gotten those out earlier. On the other hand, it's like someone said here, Canon have launched three FF bodies quite recently and it's quite much even for a large company like Canon. It'll be fun to see the 7D2 and 70D when they eventually come.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »