August 22, 2014, 07:49:32 AM

Author Topic: EOS 70D, DIGIC 6 & 18mp Sensors  (Read 24839 times)

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: EOS 70D, DIGIC 6 & 18mp Sensors
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:50 AM »
.... 8k displays actually exist.
What would you use that for? Your eye can't make the difference... For a PRO - OK where a lot process can be executed on a HUGE SCREEN - only possible application.

For a simple display - NO WAY!

Nonsense, heck people said the same thing about 1920x1080 for smaller than 40" and now we have it even for tablets! People claimed 1080p is useless for small sets, funny that even on a 24" monitor that a game without any AA at 1920x1200 on 24" looks like a jaggy mess, if the eye can't see it then how does it see a jaggy mess?

People print 300PPI from 21MP at 13x19" and you think 8K is silly?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:50 AM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2013, 04:02:39 AM »
Hmm, It seems I missed the "with the new sensor" after "in combination". Yes, you are ofc right. I was thinking that it might be some debanding, denoising etc software at work even on the raw pics, and the Digic 6 might handle that.

I hope not - though Canon might be tempted - because raw should be raw, the more updateable (!) & more powerful postprocessing software on the pc/mac shoud do everything, something done in camera is just for performance cosmetics (like forced nr on high iso). Interesting idea about software debanding though, unfortunately no one has come up with a working algorithm, in-camera or otherwise.

ragmanjin

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Life's never boring when you're insane
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Photography
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2013, 04:08:37 AM »
I see you are already hitting your straps as team captain....
Ha ha ha ... good one. Most of these folk 8itching and cribbing about Canon cameras, for some strange reason, are usually new members or those with just a dozen or so posts ... makes me wonder if these folk are "sleeper cell" trolls, they have nothing much to contribute towards photography or help someone who is asking seeking help/advice etc but the moment there is a new Canon camera being released or if there is a discussion about a any other camera maker, they suddenly come out in the open, only to disappear.

Sleeper cell trolls? Fox media getting to you? I can't speak for the rest of us, I'm just a disheartened romantic hoping Canon will find their way back to the top someday...got tired of reading the CR blog and holding my tongue every time I was disappointed with another announcement. Which has been every time since the T2i.
Contribution to photography? Here's my baby Penny in a lukewarm pan of penné. I thought that was clever. Maybe PETA can use it to sell vegetarianism.
Kodak A-1 Autographic, Pentax K1000, Canon EOS ELAN 7E, Mamiya 645AFD, Samsung Pro815, Canon XT, T2i, T3i, G11, SX40, Nikon D7000, Pentax K5IIs, Phase One DF+, P30+ and P45+ digital backs, Nikon D800....several systems worth of glass and lighting equipment. Regular renter of other gear

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »
I see you are already hitting your straps as team captain....
Ha ha ha ... good one. Most of these folk 8itching and cribbing about Canon cameras, for some strange reason, are usually new members or those with just a dozen or so posts ... makes me wonder if these folk are "sleeper cell" trolls, they have nothing much to contribute towards photography or help someone who is asking seeking help/advice etc but the moment there is a new Canon camera being released or if there is a discussion about a any other camera maker, they suddenly come out in the open, only to disappear.

Sleeper cell trolls? Fox media getting to you? I can't speak for the rest of us, I'm just a disheartened romantic hoping Canon will find their way back to the top someday...got tired of reading the CR blog and holding my tongue every time I was disappointed with another announcement. Which has been every time since the T2i.
Contribution to photography? Here's my baby Penny in a lukewarm pan of penné. I thought that was clever. Maybe PETA can use it to sell vegetarianism.
That's weird man. Or you are a genius!!!   ;D

About criticism, I think Rienz is referring to other posters than you. It's the 'Canon sucks, I'm losing customers so I will change to Nikon' by 23 year old gear heads I think he is talking about.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »