November 27, 2014, 05:37:43 PM

Author Topic: Congratulations Canon to another great Camera release!!  (Read 46797 times)

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Canon to another great Camera release!!
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »
Dude, what dont you get, AFMA is a pull through to get you to buy a better camera

no boy, what you don´t get is that im not someone who just silently swallows sh*t... because "it is that way".

im well aware why canon does that... no need to waste 2000 words.

but when i think something sux then i say it.
haha, thank you so much for saying this in such a clear way. This is how I often feel, it's just hard for me to state it so clearly.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »

Malte_P

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
Quote from: insanitybeard link=topic=13703.msg247479#msg247479
I don't agree with capitalism in general, so I'm certainly not defending Canon's maximise profits strategy. But this is the world we live in, it's not just Canon, it's everybody. How do you change that?

being quite does not change anything, that´s for certain. :)

Malte_P

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
im a student.

i bought a 550D, 70-200mm F4, 90mm tamron macro, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8 and will buy a 135mm f2 soon.

all i can tell you is that i would love to have AFMA in my 550D.

i have send my 85mm f1.8 to canon for adjustment.
my 50mm f1.4 is not perfect either.
but adjustment takes a week, a week without my camera.

you (and other rebel owner like you) don´t exist!  8)

Lol, what on earth are you doing with all those long lenses anyways, go get a better camera with AFMA

so you say i shall buy a 7D?
for what? it has no better image quality. only to have AFMA?

different lenses offer me flexibility, a better body not so much.
no sorry, i think my money was better spend on lenses.

the problem is when canon bodys do not work correct with canon lenses.
and because i buy a cheaper camera model i can´t expect canon gear to work properly?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:40:26 PM by Malte_P »

insanitybeard

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
I don't agree with capitalism in general, so I'm certainly not defending Canon's maximise profits strategy. But this is the world we live in, it's not just Canon, it's everybody. How do you change that?

Absolutely, but to be heard and heeded you need to state your case where it will do the most good.
7D / EF-S 10-22 / 17-40L / 70-200 f4L IS / EF-S 60 macro

Malte_P

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »

Absolutely, but to be heard and heeded you need to state your case where it will do the most good.

i do. i speak with my money.

i thought about buying a new canon camera, but now i will keep my 550D for a bit.

insanitybeard

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »

i do. i speak with my money.

i thought about buying a new canon camera, but now i will keep my 550D for a bit.

Exactly, voting with your wallet is the only way most big businesses will listen!
7D / EF-S 10-22 / 17-40L / 70-200 f4L IS / EF-S 60 macro

robbymack

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
and as expected this thread devolved into a pissing match...for the record i know I'm not helping with this post.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

iMagic

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
I don't know why this thread has evolved into a pissing match. It is obvious that Canon will not implement features into entry level cameras that could potentially affect sales of higher end cameras. From a profit maximization perspective I understand this and normally I don't have a problem with it. However, the SL1 body size is different enough that if more pro features were implemented then advanced users would be tempted to add it to their collection and increase Canon sales. I think Canon is missing out on these additional sales with respect to the SL1 form factor. I doubt advanced users would forgo a better body build, higher end camera and stick with just the SL1. I know I would want one to supplement my other bodies, not replace them.

kphoto99

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
How many of the people who say that Canon should not include AFMA in the Rebel line would change the their mind if Canon decided that they need to "pull the money" and only include it in the 1D line?

After all, Canon wants you to buy the top of the line camera and not including AFMA in 5D or 7D would increase the sales of 1Ds.

AF should produce a perfect focus at any aperture, if it does not then what is the point of it?

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
AF should produce a perfect focus at any aperture, if it does not then what is the point of it?

Speed.
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | SY14 f/2.8, Ʃ20 f/1.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, Ʃ35 f/1.4A, 50 f/1.8 I, Ʃ50 f/1.4 EX, 100L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12 f/2, Ʃ19 & 30 f/2.8 EX DN, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, Metabones SB | FT-QL, AE-1P | FD(n) & FL lenses

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
As for AFMA, I use a 5D2, I have large aperture lenses, and I have never had a need for AFMA.  Plus, no one is using large aperture lenses on these cameras and it would just be another confusing menu item.  ... trust me, there are way too many menu options already - the average person does not want and will never use all those settings.

+1  ;)

If anyone if worries about AFMA, then they aren't the target audience for this camera...  The people who are the target audience are those who say, of look cool, it has video!

:)

Zlatko

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
It's fascinating how the only people defending Canon's latest releases all own either a 5D3 or a 1DX, and as such, are probably not going to buy a Rebel. If yes, only as back-back-back-back-up body.

It is interesting, but easily explained. 

If anyone wants to announce that a new $649 13-ounce camera doesn't meet their personal photographic needs, this forum and a few other forums is where they will come to say it.  If anyone is inclined to tell the world how they've divined a manufacturer's devious thoughts and strategies, this forum and a few other forums is where they will come to say it. 

Photo gear forums tend to be gathering places for people who are very gear-oriented and also very discontented.  Recently, I felt very sorry for a guy who had just bought a new Fuji camera and gone to a Fuji camera forum to post how happy he was with it.  He was verbally blasted by a number of people who use that forum for their criticisms of Fuji.  He quickly realized that he should have kept his mouth shut.

Many, many people who are buying, and successfully using, low-end cameras for kids' sports, holidays, birthdays, etc. are not coming to a photo gear rumors forum, or to any photo gear forum, to explain their choices or to express what they're looking for in a $649 13-ounce camera.  That's not saying anything bad about them or their photographic skills.  It's just a fact that they are not buying that camera with a desire to do AFMA adjustments.   Of course there are some people who do want that ... and this forum is where they will come to say that.  I would be happy to see AFMA in the little SL1, but I'm not the target market for that camera.

If I buy a cheap little car that gets great gas mileage and meets my needs very well, I will not hang out on a forum to discuss the design of the engine or the gearing of the transmission.  But if I intend to use that same car at the race track, I may find a forum to express how it lacks certain features that would really help me for racing.  And on that forum, I may well find a few other people expressing the same desire.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:13:28 PM by Zlatko »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
and even when i sound like a broken record... AFMA is just to correct flaws in canons manufacturing process. it´s not as if the customer gets something he would not expect from the start -> correct focusing with fast glass.

I've also got a broken record :-p ... Canon lenses work with Canon bodies most of the time just fine, imho the main reason for Canon removing / not implementing afma is to screw 3rd party manufacturers who have a harder time to do perfect lens-body adjustments for all the brands they support - that's why Tamron does free lens adjustments & Sigma rolls out the lens usb interface!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
and as expected this thread devolved into a pissing match...for the record i know I'm not helping with this post.

Oh yes it did.

It's funny cause I have the T3i, wanted something better, got the 6D. You remember how much people complained when the specs came out? I know I did, but once it was in my hands, I was set.

I think you guys forget that the rebels are the highest sellings cameras, and they are without AFMA. Not everyone will use it, shoot I have it and still haven't used it. It's not a FLAW, have you worked in manufacturing before? Lets take it to the next level, have you work in a MASS MANUFACTURING company. I would LOVE to see canon "perfect" the tolerance between body and lens, then see you all cry because of the prices of the items reaching ten-fold.

Being quite isn't the way to resolve what you want, but being loud isn't either, pick your fights. I too wish Canon was more innovative, but honestly, when it comes to it, they did make the best AF, best High ISO cameras out there.

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
It's fascinating how the only people defending Canon's latest releases all own either a 5D3 or a 1DX, and as such, are probably not going to buy a Rebel. If yes, only as back-back-back-back-up body.

It is interesting, but easily explained. 

If anyone wants to announce that a new $649 13-ounce camera doesn't meet their personal photographic needs, this forum and a few other forums is where they will come to say it.  If anyone is inclined to tell the world how they've divined a manufacturer's devious thoughts and strategies, this forum and a few other forums is where they will come to say it. 

Photo gear forums tend to be gathering places for people who are very gear-oriented and also very discontented.  Recently, I felt very sorry for a guy who had just bought a new Fuji camera and gone to a Fuji camera forum to post how happy he was with it.  He was verbally blasted by a number of people who use that forum for their criticisms of Fuji.  He quickly realized that he should have kept his mouth shut.

Many, many people who are buying, and successfully using, low-end cameras for kids' sports, holidays, birthdays, etc. are not coming to a photo gear rumors forum, or to any photo gear forum, to explain their choices or to express what they're looking for in a $649 13-ounce camera.  That's not saying anything bad about them or their photographic skills.  It's just a fact that they are not buying that camera with a desire to do AFMA adjustments.   Of course there are some people who do want that ... and this forum is where they will come to say that.  I would be happy to see AFMA in the little SL1, but I'm not the target market for that camera.

If I buy a cheap little car that gets great gas mileage and meets my needs very well, I will not hang out on a forum to discuss the design of the engine or the gearing of the transmission.  But if I intend to use that same car at the race track, I may find a forum to express how it lacks certain features that would really help me for racing.  And on that forum, I may well find a few other people expressing the same desire.

+1000 I think that's already 2000 points for you sir   ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »