August 30, 2014, 08:33:19 AM

Author Topic: Intervalometers  (Read 1945 times)

amarlez

Intervalometers
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up an intervalometer. What's the difference between a $35 one and a $150 one? And is there a way to hook a DLSR up to a wall outlet instead of having to change batteries halfway through the night?

And what gives? They can put an electronic level in the 7D but not an intervalometer? Surely the technology isn't that complicated, time intensive or require that much space. It almost seems like firmware upgrade

canon rumors FORUM

Intervalometers
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Intervalometers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
There are thousands more things that they could put in the camera without any technical problems.  Of course, I want them all.  I'd like to see focus bracketing myself, its quite possible in software, and available for my 5d MK II using the Magic Lantern hacks.

Fact is, they only put in what they feel is necessary to keep competitive and little or nothing more.   I don't think that will change, its not good marketing to put everything you have into a consumer grade camera, or your professional grade camera either.  They add new features when they feel demand is high, or it will give them a marketing boost.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
And is there a way to hook a DLSR up to a wall outlet instead of having to change batteries halfway through the night?

Yes, Canon sells AC adapters for their cameras.  They are based on the battery used in the camera (power is delivered through the battery contacts), so if you have a 7D, you'd need the ACK-E6 kit (which also works with the 5DII and 60D).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »
And is there a way to hook a DLSR up to a wall outlet instead of having to change batteries halfway through the night?

Yes, Canon sells AC adapters for their cameras.  They are based on the battery used in the camera (power is delivered through the battery contacts), so if you have a 7D, you'd need the ACK-E6 kit (which also works with the 5DII and 60D).

Yes, I've been putting off buying one for my 5D MK II, I have one for my 40d and 1D MK III, so I'll bite the bullet now that I have a 7D for my studio use.  They are rather overpriced.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »