November 20, 2014, 04:09:57 PM

Author Topic: For those who wirelessly upload their images.  (Read 668 times)

armands.la

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
For those who wirelessly upload their images.
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »
Hi.

I've spent quit a lot of time trying to figure out the best and most reliable way to wirelessly upload selected images to web, more precisely, to Flickr. So far unsuccessfully.

I'm using 5DMKIII.

Methods I've found so far

5D -> Eye-Fi Adhoc-> ShutterSnitch(iPad 3G) -> Flickr | Eye-Fi is very unreliable, ShutterSnitch drains battery very qucikly. Has a selective transfer option, which allows to use Protect(Rate) button for selecting images.

5D -> Eye-Fi -> Wireless router -> Flickr | To change Eye-Fi settings, it needs to be connected to computer, e.g. point Flickr set. Even more unreliable than first option.

5D -> Transcend/Toshiba FlashAir -> Shuttersnitch -> Flickr | Haven't yet tested, but these cards are a lot more reliable and faster than Eye-Fi. They doesn't have selective mode, everything that's on them is transffered, however there's 2 ways to select what to transfer with 5DMKIII.
1)Shoot in RAW and then use image processing to export as jpg(Shuttersnitch has an option to accept only Jpegs)
2)Shoot jpegs and then use Image Copy function to copy image from CF to SD.

Both these methods takes a lot of time, they are not easy to access. 5DMKIII custom controls are very limited.

5D -> WFT-E7 -> Shuttersnitch ->Flickr | I was very disappointed when found that 6D has no "Upload to Flickr" and even more when already unergonomic WFT-E7 can upload only to FTP, for its price it should do a lot more. It's possible to connect it to Shuttersnitch, which is most reliable and easy way to transfer images, but total price for this is just too much. Battery drain is still an issue.

5D -> WFT-E7 ->Portable 3G router ->FTP server ->Flickr | It's possible, but I have left this as last option, just way to much links for such action.

5D -> WFT- E7 with 4G, lot of upload possibilities and mobile app for adjusting settings | I can only dream about such accessory. 

Has anyone found other methods for uploading our images to web?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:04:31 PM by armands.la »

canon rumors FORUM

For those who wirelessly upload their images.
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »