October 20, 2014, 10:23:00 PM

Poll

What will you do if the expected 70D or 7D II don't have better sensor performance?

I'll still buy the next new crop body, 70D or 7D Mark II
6 (9.7%)
I'll wait until the next generation that actually delivers better sensor performance
24 (38.7%)
I'm tired of waiting, my next crop camera is not going to be a Canon
8 (12.9%)
I've already switched but will buy Canon again if they step up to the competition
2 (3.2%)
I've already switched and will not consider Canon again (for a long time)
1 (1.6%)
I'm going full-frame instead (whatever brand)
21 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Buy, Wait, or Switch? If Canon's next crop body releases don't improve sensor.  (Read 6271 times)

trojdor

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Squeeze every ounce of IQ out of a camera before denouncing it. I have yet to find a canon camera that truly limits my creativity.

If a system limits you, switch because your capping your creative potential.

wise words

Indeed.

canon rumors FORUM

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
Squeeze every ounce of IQ out of a camera before denouncing it. I have yet to find a canon camera that truly limits my creativity.

If a system limits you, switch because your capping your creative potential.

wise words

Indeed.

I'm still waiting to have at least 100K snaps on my camera before I give it to my wife (she wants it.  she's using my G11 for quite sometime) and buy a 6D or 5D2, whichever is worth the money by that time.  It's my 500D's 4th year and it's going 80K.   :)

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
I went FF with a Nikon D600 and I'm very happy. While Canon can still hold an edge in the pro segment, Nikon offers much more in the enthusiast segment. I experienced that first-hand.

However, I'm still in the market for a fast crop body for my wildlife shooting. I would be happy to buy a Canon body to pair with the 70-300 L or the 100-400 L. However, if Canon keeps going on offering less for more money, I'll switch completely to Nikon. The D7100 is a hell of a camera at a very reasonable price point; the D5200 is even better value for money, and the flip screen is nice for macro shots and a couple other things. I'm also interested in Sony: their 70-400 is a great lens and the traslucent mirror thing allows them to reach 12 fps on the a77.

If you need a good camera now, buy a D5200 or a D7100. You're hardly going to regret it. I'm planning this purchase in around 1 year from now. We'll see how the situation will look like...

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I went FF with a Nikon D600 and I'm very happy. While Canon can still hold an edge in the pro segment, Nikon offers much more in the enthusiast segment. I experienced that first-hand.

However, I'm still in the market for a fast crop body for my wildlife shooting. I would be happy to buy a Canon body to pair with the 70-300 L or the 100-400 L. However, if Canon keeps going on offering less for more money, I'll switch completely to Nikon. The D7100 is a hell of a camera at a very reasonable price point; the D5200 is even better value for money, and the flip screen is nice for macro shots and a couple other things. I'm also interested in Sony: their 70-400 is a great lens and the traslucent mirror thing allows them to reach 12 fps on the a77.

If you need a good camera now, buy a D5200 or a D7100. You're hardly going to regret it. I'm planning this purchase in around 1 year from now. We'll see how the situation will look like...

+1
ditto Pentax.  Excellent enthusiast cameras, pro-capable certainly, tho a smaller overall ecosystem of accessories.

canon rumors FORUM