April 17, 2014, 12:47:15 AM

Author Topic: EOS 7D Mark II Test Camera [CR1]  (Read 29589 times)

MARKOE PHOTOE

• Rebel T5i
  • A better box of crayons makes the job easier...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
Re: EOS 7D Mark II Test Camera [CR1]
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »
Canonwatch.com has noted these spex for the new 7D II:

24.1 megapixel APS-C sensor
New 61 point AutoFocus system
Larger 3.2” screen with 100% coverage
Dual DIGIC V processors
10 fps continuous shooting
Dual Memory Card slots
ISO and build quality close to the 5D Mark III
GPS and Wi-Fi built in
Around US$2,200

While I'd much prefer dual memory slots and ISO 'close to' the 5D III, I realize this too is only a rumor.  Take it for what its worth. I would consider replacing my 1D4 for the new 7D II if proven to have better IQ. The frame rates are comparable and I've got plenty of batteries that would fit the 7D....if they use the same as the previous 7D.

Your thoughts?
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
Your thoughts?

If there aren't any hidden pitfalls then it's as I'd expect the 7d2 to be - very good, but also very expensive (it's a crop sensor, after all).

But everything depends on the (new?) sensor because what's 10fps good for if everything >iso800 looks crappy @100% crop as on the current 18mp sensor? If the sensor doesn't cut it, all that is left to the 5d3 is the "built-in" 1.6 tc and some hundred bucks.

sfunglee

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
Is this a true specs of 7DMk II, I'll kept mine till 7D Mk III

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
Canonwatch.com has noted these spex for the new 7D II:
[cut]
While I'd much prefer dual memory slots and ISO 'close to' the 5D III, I realize this too is only a rumor.  Take it for what its worth. I would consider replacing my 1D4 for the new 7D II if proven to have better IQ. The frame rates are comparable and I've got plenty of batteries that would fit the 7D....if they use the same as the previous 7D.

Your thoughts?

looks like an old rumor... the iso performance close to mk3 with that density it's like a miracle...cant believe it
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS

mcr1photo

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
-new to the forum- Aside from the fact that the sensor is cropped, will the image technology be the same as the 5D mark III?

Krob78

• 1D X
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
If this camera is better than the 5D Mk3, then it will cost more than the 5D Mk3.
By the way, why would Canon create a camera thats a huge leap from the 5D Mk3, when the 5D Mk3 was released last year?
Also, back to pricing... why would they create a cheaper APS-C camera with better specs than the 5D Mk3? If you were a business man... and this is your business, would you think that this is a smart maneuver?  Losing potential customers of FF

If Canon EVER came up with a sensor that allowed an APS-C to be a HUGE LEAP from their newest FF, then they would shut down everything else and start building new FF cameras, buyers remorse of 1Dx and 5DIII owners be damned. And Canon engineers would be booking flights to Stockholm, and Nikon and Leica will focus solely on microscopy and I'd be selling everything to buy Canon shares!
None of the above is happening right now, so relax. Hopefully the new sensor will be sufficient to improve APS-C performance by 1-2 stops. That's all. FF will still rule IQ, sensitivity, etc. and no one who can afford an equivalent FF setup (that means appropriate super-telephotos for those who will immediately start clamoring about the APS-C "reach") will buy APS-C.

Canon may attempt to impress  us with some new solutions, but as long as they stay behind with theirs old sensor technology it is mostly cosmetic solutions compared to Sony/Aptina/Panasonic and others

I think the thread started with rumors about a new sensor technology in the 7DII. Either you believe it (and stop complaining about old sensor technology) or don't (since it's only a rumor) and move on with life (outside a rumor website).
Regardless of how good it may be, I just can't see them losing all kinds of FF customers over it.  FF is a whole different animal and quite likely, always will be...  A lot of us own FF & Crop and will likely continue to own both...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:55:50 PM by Krob78 »
Ken

5D Mark III, 100-400mm L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 II, EF 24-105mm L, EF 17-40mm L, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM,  Canon 580EX II, Canon 430EX II, Promaster TC 1.7x

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
-new to the forum- Aside from the fact that the sensor is cropped, will the image technology be the same as the 5D mark III?
The expectation is that it will be new technology and newer/more powerful processing power, and that it may have equivalent ISO capability of the 5D3.... That said, if such new technology emerges, it is a safe bet that a 5D4 is well along the design path and will probably emerge a half year or so after the 7D2 and will probably have 1 1/2 stops (or more) performance over the 7D2.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »