October 24, 2014, 10:57:03 PM

Author Topic: My 5Dii No Longer Downloads (Resolved)  (Read 1074 times)

Tabor Warren Photography

• EOS M2
  • I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
    • View Profile
    • Tabor Warren Photography
My 5Dii No Longer Downloads (Resolved)
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
Hey y'all,

The title says most of it. My 5Dii went from downloading just fine, everyday, no problem, to suddenly not downloading.

When I plug it into the computer, it connects and gives me the option to download the files via Bridge. After I click "Get Photos", the red indicator light on the back of the cam lights up all dazzly, like it's supposed to, but then it goes into "blinky mode" and Bridge continues to tell me, "Connecting to device... Please wait.".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
-Tabor

Additional info if needed,
-CF: Kingston 32 Ultimate 266X
-PS: CS5

No other changes have occurred apart from recently purchasing a new CF which I plugged in for one session, but haven't used since. Would that have anything to do with it, should I re-format my older one again after I get these pics off?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:01:46 AM by Tabor Warren Photography »
Bodies: 5D mk III x3, 5D mk. II, 7D, & 60D
Lenses: 17-40mm f/4L, 24mm f/1.4L, 35mm f/1.4L, 70-200mm f/2.8L ISII, 85 f/1.2L II, & 100mm f/2.8L
Flashes: 600EX-RT x2, 430 EX II, and Godox PB960 x2 | To see my work head on over to http://photosbytabor.com

canon rumors FORUM

My 5Dii No Longer Downloads (Resolved)
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: My 5Dii No Longer Downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
First, try it with Canon utilities.  I'd also do a camera reset to clear any settings which might be corrupted.

I always use a card reader to download, that USB connector on the camera is not reliable and breaking it can be expensive to repair.  I do use it to tether my camera to my pc when shooting products. 

If you have another computer or a laptop, try it as well.  That might eliminate any bad or damaged software issues.

Beyond that, get it repaired or use a card reader.

Tabor Warren Photography

• EOS M2
  • I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
    • View Profile
    • Tabor Warren Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:01:21 AM »
Hey Mt Spokane,

Thank you for your rapid response, I've always enjoyed reading what you have to say on the forums. I went ahead and downloaded the images through EOS Utility, simply because I need to get todays shoot out mucho pronto. I think I'll invest in a card reader. My computer has one built in, but the CF slot is the only one that has NEVER worked (go figure). Ultimately, I'm just going to go through with a card reader.

Thank you again,
-Tabor

By the way, are you in Washington?
Bodies: 5D mk III x3, 5D mk. II, 7D, & 60D
Lenses: 17-40mm f/4L, 24mm f/1.4L, 35mm f/1.4L, 70-200mm f/2.8L ISII, 85 f/1.2L II, & 100mm f/2.8L
Flashes: 600EX-RT x2, 430 EX II, and Godox PB960 x2 | To see my work head on over to http://photosbytabor.com

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
Hey Mt Spokane,

Thank you for your rapid response, I've always enjoyed reading what you have to say on the forums. I went ahead and downloaded the images through EOS Utility, simply because I need to get todays shoot out mucho pronto. I think I'll invest in a card reader. My computer has one built in, but the CF slot is the only one that has NEVER worked (go figure). Ultimately, I'm just going to go through with a card reader.

Thank you again,
-Tabor

By the way, are you in Washington?
Yes, I live on the flanks of Mount Spokane, 20 miles North of Spokane, Washington.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »