Poll

Is this

satire?
39 (70.9%)
a great idea I wish I had thought of?
16 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: April 30, 2013, 11:25:24 AM

Author Topic: Goodbye Cruel Canon  (Read 22104 times)

aj1575

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Cruel Canon
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:50 AM »
    Well, congratulations. You’ve convinced me. After reading these forums all of the erudite and eloquent comments have convinced me to totally toss my vast collection of Canon cameras and lenses and seek a better alternative.

Thanks for posting this, this is really great!!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:50 AM »

digital paradise

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Zenon Char Photography
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »
Good luck to you in whatever path you choose. Have fun with Nikon service if you choose that manufacturer ;D

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »
If you're going to switch systems . . . go with something more, modular, say, from a company in Denmark?

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/22
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

jimjamesjimmy

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »
even though this is a bit of a joke post, it is not such a silly idea.   I mainly use photos for reference in paintings and other artistic pursuits, but if i am photographing a subject or a scene i really want to paint, i will always do a sketch, becuase my eye works differently to a camera, and no amount of technology is gonna beat me writing down the colours in the margin of a sketchbook that i see with my eye.

recently i saw the Lucien freud painting exhibition, and the angle of view created from looking is so much more complex than what a camera comes up with, becuase he is looking at things with all focal lengths at all times (or something arty like that) then transferring that information through his brain and out of his hand.

for me a painting will always beat a photo if executed by a good artist.

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Nice knowing you

justawriter

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »
As some have noted, this is a humor post. I am hoping that few posters who seemed to take it seriously were just joining in the fun. For the humor deficient, I am parodying the trolls who feel the need to jump into any new equipment thread and declare that they are done with Canon for good unless Canon comes out with a gigapixel camera for fifty bucks in the next thirty minutes.
I actually came up with the concept because I was once afflicted with a number of audiophile acquaintances who could (and did) go on for hours about how their $200 speaker wire made music so much more lifelike than that plebeian $100 speaker wire and that MP3s were the work of the devil. So I created a post saying how recorded music is passe an that the true music aficionado has a strolling chamber orchestra and chorale that follows them around. I figured this would be the visual equivalent.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »