August 28, 2014, 07:24:36 AM

Author Topic: Canon U.S.A. Announces Free Firmware And Application Software Upgrades For Select Cinema EOS System Cameras  (Read 5093 times)

marvinhello

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Canon 1D C user
    • View Profile
what you mean by "We" and hope so, you want canon users to go to Nikon?

lol

from what i understood, Canon has no firmware update scheduled for the 5d3, why would they, they rather have a 5d4 to sell for more money

Andrew Wonder asked the Canon people at NAB a few hours ago and their response was that the new firmware for 5D3 is coming soon, by the end this month for sure.

JPAZ

• 6D
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
Actually, in an interview posted now on canonwatch.com , Chuck Westphal mentions the 5diii firmware upgrade by the end of the month and specifically says it will include the focus update to f8.  To paraphrase him, he says this if for the people who do still photography and who use lenses with TC's.  So, it seems it is gonna be here!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:24:31 PM by JPAZ »
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

Capnbooboo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
best rumor i heard in years guys, at the end of the month depending on what the competition or their customers do about this already out dated 5d3, the 7Dmkii prob will knock it off the shelf even sooner,

miss pessimistic
Canon 5d Mkiii 24/105 Lens Kit with Kinotehnik VF, 64GB Sandisk card/45mbs, EYE-FI 16GB, Lexar 32GB 1000x CF card.