November 26, 2014, 02:06:11 AM

Author Topic: Finally a DXOMark win for Canon  (Read 1589 times)

riogrande100

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Finally a DXOMark win for Canon
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »
At a per megapixel level the Canon 5D Mark III sensor is sharper than the D800 and with the lens line up Canon sensor manages to get the best out of the lenses compared to the Nikon!

Finally some good news :D 

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Which-lenses-should-you-choose-for-your-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-vs.-Nikon-D800-Competition-is-closer-than-expected

canon rumors FORUM

Finally a DXOMark win for Canon
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

rumorzmonger

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Finally a DXOMark win for Canon
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
At a per megapixel level the Canon 5D Mark III sensor is sharper than the D800 and with the lens line up Canon sensor manages to get the best out of the lenses compared to the Nikon!

Finally some good news :D 

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Which-lenses-should-you-choose-for-your-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-vs.-Nikon-D800-Competition-is-closer-than-expected

No surprise to anyone who's actually used both systems...  ;)
Nikon D800E, Nikon D7100, Fuji XE-1, Nikon FE2, Olympus OM-4Ti, OM-1 MD

Sporgon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Yes you can see why Canon hasn't rushed out a 40 mp body.

Anyone who has really maximised their 18 or 22 mp know how remarkable that degree of resolution can be.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
I just sold my old backup Canon 10D the other day.  I'd have kept it, but needed a backup with liveview.

6MP is plenty to get nice printable images.  I've owned most of the popular camera models including the D800.   I liked them all.  The main issue with the D800 is the difficulty involved in getting  that extra resolution that it is capable of.  It takes a very careful photographer to do it, and that's not me.  Then, you need a powerful computer for any serious post processing, and editing 500 photos is a huge task.

I ended up staying with my 5D MK III, but seriously, any of the DSLR's can capture excellent images, and I'd be happy with any of them if that's what fate dealt me.

Hours before I sold the 10D, I snapped a photo to show the buyer.  It was a quick snapshot, but printed nicely at 8 X 10. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »