September 18, 2014, 02:07:29 PM

Author Topic: What does Vincent Laforet Think is a Game Changer?  (Read 9823 times)

AG

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: What does Vincent Laforet Think is a Game Changer?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »
I guess I'm gonna be grilled for saying that I find this product to be a game changer, well atleast for me but then i'v Said it so ...............I dunno

I have to agree.

For those of us shooting low budget shorts and indy films the price of the current model puts it out of affordability to purchase outright but I'm still going to rent one when i get a chance to have a play around.

I feel that a lot of people that are complaining that this is "just another gyro" or steady cam obviously don't need what this would be used for.

It seems that whenever someone mentions even the hint of something to do with DSLR Filmmaking on this forum, people go into witch hunt mode, as if its going to bastardise the sanctity of pure DSLR photography. Or something along those lines.
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »

azezal

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 01:24:24 AM »
I guess I'm gonna be grilled for saying that I find this product to be a game changer, well atleast for me but then i'v Said it so ...............I dunno

I have to agree.

For those of us shooting low budget shorts and indy films the price of the current model puts it out of affordability to purchase outright but I'm still going to rent one when i get a chance to have a play around.

I feel that a lot of people that are complaining that this is "just another gyro" or steady cam obviously don't need what this would be used for.

It seems that whenever someone mentions even the hint of something to do with DSLR Filmmaking on this forum, people go into witch hunt mode, as if its going to bastardise the sanctity of pure DSLR photography. Or something along those lines.

+1
The price makes renting a better option
Anonymity is a blessing,Ignorance is bliss

npeters

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
From reading his blog, my guess is that it will be an IS version of his favourite 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Here in Australia the lens RRP is $2,400, more than the old 5D2 body used to sell for.

KyleSTL

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »
From reading his blog, my guess is that it will be an IS version of his favourite 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Here in Australia the lens RRP is $2,400, more than the old 5D2 body used to sell for.
Couple months too late.  It was a video stabilization system that uses accelerometers and ultrasonic motor for a lightweight and silent solution.

http://www.freeflysystems.com/products/moviM10.php
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »