December 19, 2014, 07:34:30 AM

Author Topic: Anyone compared sirui and benro carbon tripods?  (Read 7323 times)

twdi

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone compared sirui and benro carbon tripods?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »
Thanks for your all great reply's. I think I will give the N2204 with the K-20X a try.
I will to a nice outdoor trip for 3 weeks next summer in canada so the lightweight option should be great!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »
I have an aluminium Benro A-058-M8. This is their 0-series classic travel tripod. I also have a Gitzo 1542T.

From the build quality point of view Benro is really nice. The twist locks are smooth and lock positively. The metal parts are also high quality. For the amount of money I paid (around $80 about three years ago) it is an absolute bargain. That being said the Gitzo is slightly better in all aspects, but with a steep price. Bottom line is if you have the money or are in need of the best tested tripods in the world, go for the Gitzo or RRS. If you are on a budget, the Benro's will give you 90% of what the more expensive brands will, at around 1/2 or less of the price.
I have a Gitzo 2531 with a MArkins M10 and RRS clamp and then I bought a Benro 1681 Travel Angel for a trip to Europe and I must concur with all of the comments above - I am very impressed with the tripod. I paid $300 on eBay. I have no experience with Sirui...

twdi

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
I have an aluminium Benro A-058-M8. This is their 0-series classic travel tripod. I also have a Gitzo 1542T.

From the build quality point of view Benro is really nice. The twist locks are smooth and lock positively. The metal parts are also high quality. For the amount of money I paid (around $80 about three years ago) it is an absolute bargain. That being said the Gitzo is slightly better in all aspects, but with a steep price. Bottom line is if you have the money or are in need of the best tested tripods in the world, go for the Gitzo or RRS. If you are on a budget, the Benro's will give you 90% of what the more expensive brands will, at around 1/2 or less of the price.
I have a Gitzo 2531 with a MArkins M10 and RRS clamp and then I bought a Benro 1681 Travel Angel for a trip to Europe and I must concur with all of the comments above - I am very impressed with the tripod. I paid $300 on eBay. I have no experience with Sirui...

I like the gitzo en markins but they are so mutch more expensive then a Sirui or a benro.. :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »