July 30, 2014, 12:23:00 PM

Author Topic: Bag while I am a "tourist"  (Read 5719 times)

funkboy

• 7D
  • 6D & a bunch of crazy primes
    • View Profile
Re: Bag while I am a "tourist"
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:07 AM »
I tend to think I'll need everything so I often take everything and the I get a full and heavy backpack.  I want to avoid this trip.

& now you start to understand why I haven't bought a 70-200 f/4L IS or 70-300L IS yet.  I've been getting by for half a decade with my longtime friends the 135L and 1.4x TC, & now that I've got a 6D that produces pretty clean shots at ISO fifty billion & has lower pixel density than my beloved 40D (& thus is less sensitive to camera shake) the need for a long IS telephoto just went down considerably.  Maybe I'll upgrade the TC to the III version instead or perhaps get a 2x to compensate for the loss of "reach".

But that's one less big lens I have to figure out how to carry while still being able to cram the bag under an airplane seat and not breaking my back when I drag it around for hours.

Because I always want the 135L with me :-).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:07 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 06:21:27 AM »
Let's put this in context:
Above and beyond the 'homes' for your more expensive things, how many bags do you own neuro ;)

Not that many.  Really.

Well Played.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 06:21:27 AM »