Canon Rumors General > Site Information

Minimum CR Forum IQ?

(1/14) > >>

distant.star:
Just curious -- what is the minimum IQ requirement for posting in the forum here? And by "IQ" I mean the old school variety -- Intelligence Quotient.

We just had a thread shut down for being "beyond stupid." That would suggest that posts must meet a certain intellectual level before proceeding to full forum discussion. What's the standard? Surely we would not be capricious about such a thing.

Or, is it possible people may be stressed over an upcoming taxes due date in the U.S? That may explain some reduced tolerance for our mentally challenged members.

Since I'm not the brightest lens in the mix here, I'd like some guidance on this matter so pressing to me.

Thanks.

BumpyMunky:
At the risk of having this thread suffer the same fate,  I suggest 2.8 is the number you seek.

Seriously though,   I thought that other thread was amusing.   Maybe there is room for a "Humour" section threads like that could be moved to.   I for one feel some other current threads are more worthy of being locked than that one was...

wellfedCanuck:

--- Quote from: distant.star on April 11, 2013, 10:29:42 AM ---.We just had a thread shut down for being "beyond stupid." That would suggest that posts must meet a certain intellectual level before proceeding to full forum discussion. What's the standard?
--- End quote ---

Although I didn't personally find the original post all that funny, I agree with you that we don't need humour police. The membership will either encourage or ignore the budding comedic talent.

But please- no fart jokes.

distant.star:
That's pretty bright, Bumpy. I'm not sure I could make the cut. Maybe 4.0 (5.6 on a reach).

Your suggestion of a Not Quite Serious section seems like a very helpful one to me!

Thanks.

tron:
2.8 is OK I guess provided a red L follows  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version