September 18, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

Author Topic: Minimum CR Forum IQ?  (Read 10044 times)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum CR Forum IQ?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
42....I immediately knew the meaning, but didn't post. For those who don't know, here is a quote from Wikipedia...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet and using organic components was created and named "Earth". This appeared first in the radio play and later in the novelization of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The fourth book in the series, the novel So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, contains 42 chapters. According to the novel Mostly Harmless, 42 is the street address of Stavromula Beta. In 1994 Adams created the 42 Puzzle, a game based on the number 42.

And the number 42 equates to the word "MATH" when adding up their lethers in the alfabet ..a=1,b=2,...etc..

Then should not the a answer be 32 ?
M=13 A=1 T=20 H=8.  13+1+20+8 = 42
(Unless you were referring to something else...)

But I admit I hadn't come across that ... explanation  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »

JohanCruyff

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »
No offense offence intended.  It appears my attempt at humour may have fallen apartment flat.
Hmm I believe spelling differences are becoming the centre er ... center of this thread  ;D

This is one of the most Intellgent Useful Threads I ever read in my life.
BTW, I told my Australian English (*) teacher that the British pronounciation of "director" is different from the American one but she denied.
According to wordreference, I am right.

Going back to the topic, the lowest eligible IQ number should be the square root of 2 imho.

Footnotes (Useful for low-IQ members)

(*) I don't mean I'm being taught how to speak English in Australia: I mean a teacher coming from Australia who teaches me English - in Italy).
Italian amateur. Gear: i) 5d Classic, 17-40 F/4 L, 24-105mm F/4 IS L, 100mm F/2.8 IS L, 70-200 F/4 IS L. & EOS M, 22 F/2, 18-55 + Mount Adapter, 55-250 F/4-5.6 IS STM
ii) Wife: Canon G12
iii) First Daughter: Canon 1100D, 18-55 IS iv) Son: Canon A1000IS v) Second Daughter: Nikon L21

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
No offense offence intended.  It appears my attempt at humour may have fallen apartment flat.
Hmm I believe spelling differences are becoming the centre er ... center of this thread  ;D

This is one of the most Intellgent Useful Threads I ever read in my life.
BTW, I told my Australian English (*) teacher that the British pronounciation of "director" is different from the American one but she denied.
According to wordreference, I am right.

Going back to the topic, the lowest eligible IQ number should be the square root of 2 imho.

Footnotes (Useful for low-IQ members)

(*) I don't mean I'm being taught how to speak English in Australia: I mean a teacher coming from Australia who teaches me English - in Italy).

So,...  that would make her your Italian Australian English teacher :)
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

madmailman

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »
I took an IQ test and a HIV test on the same day. They both came back negative. SCORE!!!
5D3, 16-35mm f2.8mkii 24-105mm f4, 50mm f1.4, 40mm STM, 70-200 f2.8mkii

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »
Just curious -- what is the minimum IQ requirement for posting in the forum here? And by "IQ" I mean the old school variety -- Intelligence Quotient.

We just had a thread shut down for being "beyond stupid." That would suggest that posts must meet a certain intellectual level before proceeding to full forum discussion. What's the standard? Surely we would not be capricious about such a thing.

Or, is it possible people may be stressed over an upcoming taxes due date in the U.S? That may explain some reduced tolerance for our mentally challenged members.

Since I'm not the brightest lens in the mix here, I'd like some guidance on this matter so pressing to me.

Thanks.

What thread? Don't be such a tease and mention some magically humorous thread that got locked and then fail to provide a link to it!

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
Yikes ! Even the mods can't spell humour humor correctly  >:(

It's worth pointing out that the spelling of English words has a heritage running back about 2000 years as it is strongly influenced by the latin ( Romans )  and as that developed over the millennia into other ( but not all ) European languages. This is why humour is spelt with a 'our' instead of how it sounds: 'or'

The trouble with spelling phonetically in the UK, is that many words would need to be respelt if you travelled around 30 miles or so :P. Where I "cums frum", we pronounce humour as heeoomur. I once heard that the UK has the highest number of dialects and/or pronunciation in a unit area than any other country, although I think Norway must run it close.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
42....I immediately knew the meaning, but didn't post. For those who don't know, here is a quote from Wikipedia...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet and using organic components was created and named "Earth". This appeared first in the radio play and later in the novelization of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The fourth book in the series, the novel So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, contains 42 chapters. According to the novel Mostly Harmless, 42 is the street address of Stavromula Beta. In 1994 Adams created the 42 Puzzle, a game based on the number 42.

And the number 42 equates to the word "MATH" when adding up their lethers in the alfabet ..a=1,b=2,...etc..

If I remember correctly there was an equation or math expression something like what is 9 x 6 = 54 in base 10 or 42 in base 13  :-\

Then should not the a answer be 32 ?
M=13 A=1 T=20 H=8.  13+1+20+8 = 42
(Unless you were referring to something else...)

But I admit I hadn't come across that ... explanation  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Using the same letter to number formula 32 spells LIFE  ;D

tron