THANK YOU !!
I am overwhelmed by the excellent feedback / replies, that you have posted. So well-informed, detailed, pesonal and experience-based.
Yes, basically I said that I wanted it all in one package. Still I know that compromises have to be made. Here your thoughts are very helpful. Not saying that it all sums up to one definite way to go (and I did not expect that either).
I read quite a number of very happy 6D stories.
And not surprising many 5DmkIII users': 'Go for it'.
Even some crop-supporters (7D or wait and see what new crop-body and sensor may bring).
And you have contributed a number of additional considerations, relating directly to my situation. I find that very helpful.
And in the end I still have to make up my own mind - one of the more pleasant challenges
In reply to some of your points let me add a few extra facts:
- I can find the budget for the 5DmkIII, if I am convinced that it is the right choice
- I know that I will need to replace the EF-S 10-22 for WA (and sell the 15-85 too)
- Actually I do have an old 1.4 TC and an old well-worn 16-35 2.8 (in preparation for the move in each end of the range). Those could help me - at least for a period.
- I have and regularly use a good tripod, and an older flash (a 420EX)
- I do work in RAW for most important motives (sometimes in DPP but mostly in ACR in Elements)
- Plan to move to LightRoom soon
I hope to make the move soon - and still appreciate additional replies.
I will let you know how I decided - and how it goes.
Thank you again.