November 27, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

Author Topic: Camera Insurance (U.K.)  (Read 2918 times)

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
Camera Insurance (U.K.)
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:09 PM »

Was just reading the other thread on this subject and wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to a U.K. company.

I really should get this done as I added my gear up and it came to over £6,000 and methinks I should get my arse moving.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

canon rumors FORUM

Camera Insurance (U.K.)
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:09 PM »

GuyF

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Insurance (U.K.)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
Maybe a bit of a late reply but it's simply a case of talking to your current insurance company. Most places require you to specify individual items if they are over £2500 each. My policy with RBS covers £8000 when out and about as that's the most I'd have with me at any one time - everything else would just be covered by normal house contents.

As every company is slightly different you'll just have to shop around. I've never made a claim so can't offer too much advice. It's only when things go wrong that you find out how good a company is - instant pay-out or months of phone calls and anger?

If you have business needs, that'll change things.

Good luck.

adebrophy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • xtrashot PR and Photographic
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »
Another late reply, but props to Aaduki. OK, its a heavily qualified endorsement as I've not needed to claim thankfully. They are however, reasonable, expert, courteous, comprehensive and have a nice sensibly practical policy regarding theft from vehicles and unattended gear that made me happier buying. I've renewed for a further year and its still sensibly priced for covering gear and public liability.
5D mk ii, 40D, Canon 24-105 L, Canon 100 f2.8 L, Canon 135 f2 L, Canon 40mm f2.8, Canon 70-200 f4L,  Canon 50 f1.8, Canon 600 EX RT, 2x Canon 430ii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »