April 17, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

Author Topic: UK camera travel insurance  (Read 1368 times)

meinthai

UK camera travel insurance
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »
Hi Guys

I need some travel insurance for my camera gear and was hoping some one could offer advice.

I'm making a 3 week trip to Mongolia in a couple of weeks and need to insure about 6,000 pounds (can't find the key on this Thai keyboard) worth of gear.

I'm English but currently living in Thailand which is why things are a bit complicated.

I've seen a few companies on the web, but I'm a bit skeptical of using them with out some recommendations from past users.

Any advice is gratefully received.

thanks
 :)

canon rumors FORUM

UK camera travel insurance
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »

bycostello

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • London Weddings
Re: UK camera travel insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »
http://www.aaduki.com/ what i use for my camera insurance and liability insurance.. maybe worth a call...

motorhead

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:04:09 AM »
Mine is all included in my home contents insurance, the broker suggested it. I have provided a full list of everything, with values and replacement costs. Seems strange to me but its covered worldwide.

Touch wood I've not had to claim, so have no idea how that might pan out! But there was no increase in the premium so it's free cover. 

Stu_bert

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:53 AM »
http://www.aaduki.com/ what i use for my camera insurance and liability insurance.. maybe worth a call...

+1, I use Aaduki as well...
If life is all about what you do in the time that you have, then photography is about the pictures you take not the kit that took it. Still it's fun to talk about the kit, present or future :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:53 AM »