November 22, 2014, 11:46:39 PM

Author Topic: Even Nikon has announced its FF successors.  (Read 15026 times)

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Even Nikon has announced its FF successors.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »
I am a diehard Canon fan, but I do think the poster is correct in some respects...

Canon is supposedly behind with regards to a few features that most of us would like to see. Dual card slots, Low noise at high ISO, faster, more accurate, auto focus (especially in low light). Me personally I'd like to see a histogram based on the RAW file if I am shooting RAW (I don't know if Nikon has that, doubt it).

The 1D/s has had dual card slots since launch, yes, one of them is an SD-card, but those are dual card slots.
The AF in the 1D is fine?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »

Canihaspicture

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »

The 1D/s has had dual card slots since launch, yes, one of them is an SD-card, but those are dual card slots.
The AF in the 1D is fine?

You must have missed the rest of my post... We, the consumers, want these in a 5D product at a 5D price (or slightly higher).

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »
Nikon has already announced its successors of its D700 and D3s, and they will be releasing it on the 24th August.

That's probably what Canon has been waiting for!  Wait for your competitor to announce their new product, so that you can trump them days/weeks later.  ;)
One can only hope the trumping is nowhere near à la adding additional numerical ISO figure without checking if it is going to be useful and up to one's standards.

There has been talk of Canon testing multiple different versions of the 5D mk 3 though so perhaps there waiting to see what Nikon go with before picking one?

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
There has been talk of Canon testing multiple different versions of the 5D mk 3 though so perhaps there waiting to see what Nikon go with before picking one?

Canon is always testing prototypes in the field of not only cameras, but other products as well.  As they get closer to release, there may be many copies of the near final prototypes.  Prototype 1Ds MK IV's have been spotted for over two years, for example

Ivar

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
One can only hope the trumping is nowhere near à la adding additional numerical ISO figure without checking if it is going to be useful and up to one's standards.

I was referring to the 1D Mk4, and looking at the result they didn't have plan B.

Eagle Eye

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »
I don't want a 5D Mark III; I want a 5D Mark IV.  With a release date of now.  At the T2i's price point.  And I want three CF card slots, because one 64GB card isn't big enough and four seconds is too long to swap out media, plus one for back-up.  Oh, and throw a second direct print button on there to print from multiple flashcards at once.  If Canon doesn't produce, I'm going to Nikon.

FOLKS, GO TAKE PICTURES AND STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT NIKON VS. CANON!  If you really think Nikon offers you such significantly better equipment, switch over.  Just don't be whining about it constantly.
Gear! When do we get gear?!

Bokehmon

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »
I don't want a 5D Mark III; I want a 5D Mark IV.  With a release date of now.  At the T2i's price point.  And I want three CF card slots, because one 64GB card isn't big enough and four seconds is too long to swap out media, plus one for back-up.  Oh, and throw a second direct print button on there to print from multiple flashcards at once.  If Canon doesn't produce, I'm going to Nikon.

FOLKS, GO TAKE PICTURES AND STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT NIKON VS. CANON!  If you really think Nikon offers you such significantly better equipment, switch over.  Just don't be whining about it constantly.

pure gold :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »

Gothmoth

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

you speak to the wrong people.

the people here are what makes me happy as a shop owner.... GEAR FREAKS.  ;D

J. McCabe

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 05:36:36 AM »
Just hoping to share my thoughts and gain some of your insights. Nikon has already announced its successors of its D700 and D3s, and they will be releasing it on the 24th August.

Honestly, in my opinion, Canon is tailing way behind. When Nikon released its D3s, Canon didn't release pro cameras, and I have to admit the D3s is a beast. Now Nikon has a updated beast coming.

What do you guys think?

That people shouldn't treat rumors too seriously.

Tarrum

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »
You know, there are always some silly fanboys on both sides, claiming that either Canon or Nikon is way behind, and they list some settings and features that are missing. Don't you guys ever get tired of that? Sure, you want to switch to Nikon even though none of them announced anything, then go. If you would really need to switch, I doubt you'd be asking us here.

Stu_bert

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 09:12:05 AM »

It's a rumour site - that's what people tend to do here :D
If life is all about what you do in the time that you have, then photography is about the pictures you take not the kit that took it. Still it's fun to talk about the kit, present or future :)

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
It is safe to say that at least Nikon has announced a worldwide press event, with the possibility of releasing the D700/D3 successors at it.  I wish Canon at least had a timeline for revamping their pro models.  We haven't heard a single peep from them, and I highly doubt they'll be releasing newer models without a huge press event.  I feel like Canon is dragging their feet when it comes to this.

Dragging their feet or keeping their cards close to their chest, either way it seems to be a viable strategy for them. The probably do have  timeline in place, but they choose not to publish it (kind of like apple) till they can demonstrate a distinctive competancy.

I know it is frustrating for guys like us who have to wait in the dark.... but sometimes good things come to those who wait.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
It is safe to say that at least Nikon has announced a worldwide press event, with the possibility of releasing the D700/D3 successors at it.  I wish Canon at least had a timeline for revamping their pro models.  We haven't heard a single peep from them, and I highly doubt they'll be releasing newer models without a huge press event.  I feel like Canon is dragging their feet when it comes to this.

Dragging their feet or keeping their cards close to their chest, either way it seems to be a viable strategy for them. The probably do have  timeline in place, but they choose not to publish it (kind of like apple) till they can demonstrate a distinctive competancy.

I know it is frustrating for guys like us who have to wait in the dark.... but sometimes good things come to those who wait.

Exactly.  Apple doesn't blab about their products until the day they announce them, and the press can usually play with/experience the product first hand that day.  Sometimes they go on sale at the same time.

Worse, Canon could be like Mazda and keep showing dead-sexy prototypes and giving us smiley-faces! :)

I think the fisheye was the silliest wait for release from announcement that I'd seen in a while.  Now that it's out, I don't have the cash to rent it . . .
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »

thepancakeman

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
.... but sometimes good things come to those who wait.

Yes, but he who hesitates is lost.   8)

Flake

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »
Hi people,

Just hoping to share my thoughts and gain some of your insights. Nikon has already announced its successors of its D700 and D3s, and they will be releasing it on the 24th August.

Honestly, in my opinion, Canon is tailing way behind. When Nikon released its D3s, Canon didn't release pro cameras, and I have to admit the D3s is a beast. Now Nikon has a updated beast coming.

What do you guys think?

Funny isn't it, but Nikon have only announced  compact cameras today, so where are these mythical replacements to the D700 and D3s, can we consider that your opinion of Canon trailing way behind has changed somewhat?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »