August 23, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III & Lenses  (Read 12685 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
5D Mark III & Lenses
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »

Nothing Major

Another known source has spoken up and said a 5D Mark II replacement will be in quarter 1 in 2012. It was also said the line would include a “surprise”.

Lenses

Canon has apparently told some dealers in Europe that the 5D2/24-70 kit will no longer be available.

Signs of a replacement of the 24-70 is starting to show some more signs.

EF 8-15 f/4L

I have been playing with one for a day or two, trying to figure out how to effectively use a fisheye. I’d like a review up by the end of next week.

More soon, been sick.

cr

canonrumors.com

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
Re: 5D Mark III & Lenses
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
digitalrev have put up a good review of the 8-15 fisheye  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IabjY5AmWOk   
i just purchased a 24-70 f2.8 new on A SPECIAL DEAL with £100 off did i make a mistake?

IWLP

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
digitalrev have put up a good review of the 8-15 fisheye  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IabjY5AmWOk   

I think you mean they posted a hey-we're-trying-to-be-the-Top-Gear-of-cameras-by-playing-about-with-new-gear video.

i just purchased a 24-70 f2.8 new on A SPECIAL DEAL with £100 off did i make a mistake?

Only if:

a) You will be forced to live under a bridge because you bought the lens rather than paying the rent or mortgage.
b) The lens, aware of these rumors, decides to do itself in, leaving shards of glass embedded in your body.
c) You're more worried about having the latest and greatest, rather than having solid tools.

;)

Really, it's a great lens, capable of great results.  It's a matter of whether you're more into carts or horses and how that directs your choices, to twist a colloquialism.
I'm *this* close to switching to Nikon! I swear - I'll do it! Maybe next month, or in a week, or when they release the D ... oh, look a shiny thing!

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »

I think you mean they posted a hey-we're-trying-to-be-the-Top-Gear-of-cameras-by-playing-about-with-new-gear video.
think thats a bit harsh was a good review in my opinion and in many others too quality youtube channel

Only if:

a) You will be forced to live under a bridge because you bought the lens rather than paying the rent or mortgage.
b) The lens, aware of these rumors, decides to do itself in, leaving shards of glass embedded in your body.
c) You're more worried about having the latest and greatest, rather than having solid tools.

;)

Really, it's a great lens, capable of great results.  It's a matter of whether you're more into carts or horses and how that directs your choices, to twist a colloquialism.
i think thats a bit harsh a quality review in my opinion and in many others great youtube channel and yes quite fun rather look at that real world testing than stupid charts
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:44:05 PM by bornshooter »

-zero-

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:45:25 PM »

No, a 24-70 replacement has been rumored for ages and even if these rumors do turn out to be founded, the current 24-70 is still a great lense

also having bought it at a discounted price you will loose a lot less should you decide to sell it to upgrade.

You will hear it from most of the members here: dont hold off buying gear based on rumors (announced products are something else but even then... cough 8-15mm fisheye... cough... telephoto primes...)

Have fun taking pictures instead of waiting with nothing in your hands

edit: I guess I type too slow

IWLP

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
i think thats a bit harsh a quality review in my opinion and in many others great youtube channel and yes quite fun rather look at that real world testing than stupid charts

Yeah, it's fun, but I wouldn't call it a real "review." I wanted to see lens results, how it balances on a body and overall thoughts, not an 18-second clip of a dark bus terminal.

Not my cuppa, but it is interesting.
I'm *this* close to switching to Nikon! I swear - I'll do it! Maybe next month, or in a week, or when they release the D ... oh, look a shiny thing!

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »

Yeah, it's fun, but I wouldn't call it a real "review." I wanted to see lens results, how it balances on a body and overall thoughts, not an 18-second clip of a dark bus terminal.

Not my cuppa, but it is interesting.
18 seconds of a 10 minute movie is hardly a big deal and they did give there overall thoughts did they not ?maybe you should watch it clearly again before abusing them and go play with some test charts.you seen the lens in action learned a lot about it seen images produced by it.and as far as balance with the body they only used 1 body so can't bash them for that I'm afraid

IWLP

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
18 seconds of a 10 minute movie is hardly a big deal and they did give there overall thoughts did they not ?maybe you should watch it clearly again before abusing them and go play with some test charts.you seen the lens in action learned a lot about it seen images produced by it.and as far as balance with the body they only used 1 body so can't bash them for that I'm afraid

Yes, my last post didn't truly convey my feelings - they did show some of what I wanted.  I saw the body on the 5D II, some of their photos and video results in circular and full-frame fisheye and their overall thoughts.  I just don't care for their style - no biggie, man. 

The more I see of this lens, the more I want it.  And the more I can hear my wife saying, "HOW much?"

D

J-Man

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
I assume the surprise is the 24-70 replacement, or a 24-105mkII.
I liked the promo video that canon did for the fish zoom.

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »
I assume the surprise is the 24-70 replacement, or a 24-105mkII.

Hopefully both  ;D

NXT1000

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
what surprise? only one i can think of is internal flash or internal video light?

Haydn1971

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 12:49:33 AM »
The surprise is that the 5DIII, will also feature a built in pop up water pistol, custom comedy shutter sounds and come in a range of polka dot paint job finishes !  I heard it will also be 12mpx to appeal to the Nikon fanboys, feature no weather sealing to attract the Sony snappers and have a 18x13.5mm sensor to capture some of the massive market lead from Panasonic !

It's true !  I read it all on an Internet forum !!!
Regards, Haydn

:: View my photostream on Flickr, Canon EOS 6D, EOS M ,  16-35mm II, 24-70mm II, 70-300mm L, 135mm f2.0 L, 22mm f2.0, Lensbaby, EOS M adaptor, Cosina CT1G film SLR & 50mm f2.0 lens

macfly

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:20 AM »
Now that's funny!! :-)

d3smo

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 06:44:45 AM »
Is it thinkable to wait for a 24-70 2.8L IS, or maybe a 22-70 2.8L IS, as a replacement for the 24-70 2.8L ?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:03:57 AM by d3smo »

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
The surprise is that the 5DIII, will also feature a built in pop up water pistol, custom comedy shutter sounds and come in a range of polka dot paint job finishes !  I heard it will also be 12mpx to appeal to the Nikon fanboys, feature no weather sealing to attract the Sony snappers and have a 18x13.5mm sensor to capture some of the massive market lead from Panasonic !

It's true !  I read it all on an Internet forum !!!
Nice specs!  Too bad the Sony sensor isn't enough to bring the Sony and Nikon fans these days ;D