July 23, 2014, 08:36:55 AM

Author Topic: Pretty bad...  (Read 8906 times)

canon rumors FORUM

Pretty bad...
« on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty bad...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
 :( :( :(  Poor couple

I'm not that bad after all.  :)  ;D

Ewinter

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
Hahaha, definitely worth a lawsuit.
really, it depends on the contract, but the photos are so bad a free reshoot would be an insult

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »
Every photographer gets bad images.  Not sure why they were sent to client.  What about the good ones - or were they any good ones?

And what did the contract say?

Did the couple do their homework and check out the photographer. 

IN the end, probably plenty of fault on everyone's part

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
Unfortunately, lots of inexperienced photographers put out there shingle and call themselves professional.  Some countries actually license photographers, but I doubt if that guarantees anything, just a way of collecting taxes.

I would not touch a wedding except for a relative who would have nothing if it wasn't for me.  Since I don't charge relatives, they can't sue.

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »
Where was that thread about 'anyone who takes a photograph is a photographer' ?  :-\

blaydese

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Mr. Blaydes Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
WOW!

I don't feel so bad now...and I thought my pictures (like this one of mine) were crappppy, over done, blown out, excrement shots ...

I wonder what the rest of their shots looked like?  Were they all bad?

Maybe the guy was mad at them?

Sad though, that is a one day event, can never truly get that day back.

Peace! 8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »
Well see, anyone who gets paid is a professional photographer, I don't see the issue here, did the photographer claim he's "Ryan Brenizer on a budget"? I bet the uncle Bob at the reception took better shots here though. But is this news worthy? Like is there a breaking news article for every restaurant that claims to serve top-notch food that doesn't appeal to any critic? Although it's probably the couple's fault for not looking carefully into the guy's portfolio, there are cases of people just using stock photos or shots from other photogs to promote themselves and get away with it... until they show their work to their clients, and try to still get paid with the way they write up their contract.

Sith Zombie

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Lightroom Images
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 07:10:10 AM »
Wow! now that's bad photography!
Theres not a lot of detail given about the contracts and the photographers previous experience so a lot of things could have happened:
1] The photographer conned the couple by using false examples of previous work
2] The rest of the photographs were pretty good but the couple are trying to get some compensation for the bad ones
3] The couple cheaped out on someone they knew wasn't too hot
4] The couple didn't even bother to look at the photographers portfolio
5] The photographer was struck with temporary blindness for the day but really needed to cash so didn't tell anyone.

The one thing we do know is these photos SUCK.

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »
but worth a lawsuit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312026/With-camera-I-thee-behead-Couple-Evette-Gary-Crack-sue-photographer-claim-ruined-big-day.html

Looking at the couple, they should be embarrassed.  Maybe put down the butter, cake, chips, beer, sweets, and like would have helped too.

The fact thay got that horse in a white tarp and made it look like a dress is an accomplishment though

J.R.

• 1D X
  • A Speedlight Junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 07:28:10 AM »
Too bad the couple thought likewise  ;D
Light is language!

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:42:18 AM »
LOL, you made my day with this hillarious article. Thank you for bringing here :)
1Dx, 5DII w/grip, 3x600 EX RT, ST-E3
Canon: 8-15L, 16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, 17L TS, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, 40 F2.8 STM, 50 F1.4. Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »
Where was that thread about 'anyone who takes a photograph is a photographer' ?  :-\

It's true.... anyone who takes pictures is a photographer.... the point is, are they any good? With no set standard, this is what you get.... There is a wonderful line, "self evaluation is fraught with peril"... we see ourselves as experts... everyone who picks up a camera KNOWS that they are good.... but compared to what?

For example, I take bird pictures and if I compare them to those from the members of my canoe club, I am very obviously a great photographer.... but then compare them to the ones posted on this form and it becomes obvious that I have lots to learn.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D that's funny cheered my Monday up no end, maybe it's just me but I think that's the work of pure genius........ comic genius

risc32

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »
i shoot weddings, i have one this saturday. the first shot is bad, the other shot with his hand blocking her face is bad. the dancing shot is bad, but the rest are ok with me. a convert to B&W and a bit of crop and they are fine. I have a shot somewhat like that rain shot that everyone loves.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »