April 17, 2014, 12:56:51 PM

Author Topic: How to achieve this amazing editing effect ?  (Read 12986 times)

Jesse

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
Re: How to achieve this amazing editing effect ?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »
Very nice photos from both photographers. I would also like to know how these photos were created:
http://500px.com/arttherapist

texture-city
5D3, 8-15 f/4 L, 24-70 f/2.8 II L, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/4 IS L, 85 f/1.8, 100 f/2.8 L, 600EX-RT x2, CS6, LR5

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »

Jesse

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:53 AM »
The rock on the right hand side of the image bothers me.  Damn nature, getting in the way of aesthetics.

He clearly left it there by choice. It would take about 20 seconds to remove it and he is clearly competent in post-production.
5D3, 8-15 f/4 L, 24-70 f/2.8 II L, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/4 IS L, 85 f/1.8, 100 f/2.8 L, 600EX-RT x2, CS6, LR5

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 05:34:32 AM »
I'm telling you, the background wall of trees, the tree at right at the middle distance in the beam of light, the island of trees, the boat....those are all completely separate photos composited and blended beautifully.

have a look at this tutorial: http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/create-this-breathtaking-photo-manipulation-of-a-tightrope-dancer-in-photoshop/

lol.. yeah thanks for that crap looking example.

even when i take my glasses of it still looks like a bad composit... that is hard to achive.
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 06:04:35 AM »
I'm telling you, the background wall of trees, the tree at right at the middle distance in the beam of light, the island of trees, the boat....those are all completely separate photos composited and blended beautifully.

have a look at this tutorial: http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/create-this-breathtaking-photo-manipulation-of-a-tightrope-dancer-in-photoshop/

even when i take my glasses of it still looks like a bad composit... that is hard to achive.

Yes, I agree, I think I'll shoot myself if i spend 8 Days learning the technique from one of the Guys mentioned, then end up with something as bad as "Tightrope Dancer", but i need to be careful with my humour here at CR, had one "warning" already today.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 08:02:02 AM »

Yes, I agree, I think I'll shoot myself if i spend 8 Days learning the technique from one of the Guys mentioned, then end up with something as bad as "Tightrope Dancer", but i need to be careful with my humour here at CR, had one "warning" already today.

Na. that's just 'cos you're an Aussie !   ;D

rpt

• 1D X
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 08:41:04 AM »

Na. that's just 'cos you're an Aussie !   ;D

See, racial profiling tight there!  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 08:41:04 AM »

bchernicoff

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »

I don't know I think it's better than the original image in this thread.
6D, Fuji X-E1
Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 400mm f/2.8L II, 100mm L IS Macro, Sigma 85mm, & 35mm f/1.4's, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, Canon 2x Extender II, Kenko 1.4x, 430 EX II, Elinchroms

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »

if your serious then i not only pity your taste but wonder about how you can ignore the technical flaws in the composit.    ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:37:01 AM by Canon-F1 »
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

bchernicoff

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:24 AM »

if your serious then i not only pity your taste but wonder about how you can ignore the technical flaws in the composit.    ;D
[/quote]

Of course I wasn't Some of the people in this thread seemed to be unaware of this technique, so I spent 30 seconds searching for a tutorial that would give them the basic idea. You seemed to miss the point when you thanked me for the crap example.
6D, Fuji X-E1
Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 400mm f/2.8L II, 100mm L IS Macro, Sigma 85mm, & 35mm f/1.4's, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, Canon 2x Extender II, Kenko 1.4x, 430 EX II, Elinchroms

yogi

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
Thanks.

Very nice photos from both photographers. I would also like to know how these photos were created:
http://500px.com/arttherapist

texture-city

tntwit

• Rebel SL1
  • Enthusiastic Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »
That photo is taken by Rarindra Prakarsa. Love his work. You can find more info about his style in Facebook and photo.net I believe. I think there are tutorials and articles explaining his workflow, I can't remember where i saw it but google can help you there.

As has been noted, this photo is not the work of Rarindra, but check out this work from his site and compare it to the original image from Arment.  In particular look at the trees between the boat and the background.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9970997
60D, 15-85 IS, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 10-20, 70-300 IS Non L, 430EX II, Vanguard GH-100, Panasonic GF3, 14-42, 14 f2.5

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »
Top left side of the image was burnt, the highlights of the trees in that area were dodged.

The mids were lifted to bring the haze out more. Those are the fairly straightforward observations. In fact the top left is the biggest giveaway. There was probably some composition going on too.

Also a fair bit of levels and curves going on there as well. Doesn't look like any standard filters (like Nik or Alien Skin) were applied though as it's a nice clean image. Too much dynamic range to not of been played with though.

1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »

Sith Zombie

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Lightroom Images
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 05:59:53 AM »
I figured that if it was a composite then the images were taken from the same area/shoot at least and not completely different locations. Looking at the original image, it appears that most of it was made by just moving areas of it around, the lighting was pretty much natural but just emphasised. I was surprised that the boat was shopped in tho.

Don't you guys think it's a bit crazy that we're at a time when it's hard to tell a real photograph from a shopped image??

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:51 AM »
The backgrounds of the two pictures are not identical.

Andre was stood a few yards further to the right.

I stick to my comments in earlier posts. It is a Rarinda inspired picture.  ( In fact it is a blatant copy ) ( Actually I have no right to make that comment as I don't know for sure who took the picture first or even if they were taken on the same shoot. Rarinda's does exhibit a typical early 5D mk1 brown cast to me though which would suggest it was taken a while ago. But the brown tone could be for effect).

However I think they are both beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:50:33 AM by Sporgon »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:51 AM »