September 16, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Author Topic: Bye Canon?  (Read 28747 times)

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Canon?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »
I'm just frustated and i want canon to know!

'We' are not Canon...  They have a forum now, staffed by Canon moderators, maybe try there...

Hi Neuro, Canon have a Forum ?? wasn't aware, like the H&G, need to remember that for the future.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »

shutterwideshut

• EOS M2
  • IR and Long Exposure junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
So funny, someone takes the time to join a Canon forum to say he is going to buy a Nikon. I wonder which rumoured Nikon he wants to buy, because of course none of the existing line up will be good enough!

Yawn.....

Yea, Yawn, I think the Op hit the hay 5 minutes after his 4th ?? CR Post, might be a Plant... Just saying.

I'm getting ready for Bed myself, Just need to polish my 1Dx & 5DMK III one more time.

;D ;D ;D
My Flickr
5D3 ı 7D ı 50D(IR) ı 20D(IR) ı TS-E24 f/3.5L II ı 17-40 f/4L ı 24-70 f/2.8L II ı 70-200 f/4L IS ı 100 f/2.8L  Macro IS ı 40 f/2.8 ı 50 f/1.4 ı 85 f/1.8 ı 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 ı Lensbaby Composer Pro ı Rokinon 8mm ı 600EX-RT/ST-E3-RT

NickM43

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
Ummm... who cares? 

photo212

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
I know you're not canon. I just thought i could start here a wave causing canon to speed up the 70d release. I know they care about my post...

Sporgon- i would expect the 70 to be at least competitive with the 650/700 but with better viewfinder/pentaprism and weatherproofed for my outdoor activities. Maybe i was also monitoring cr to close, waiting several times minute by minute for 'my' new dslr. Now the next trip is close and i do not have my new toy :-(
I want Canon to slow down. Get it right. Once everything is ready to roll down the production, start the line. Until then, I say let the little kiddies complain that Christmas is not coming fast enough (when it is the same date every year).

You are asking for your consumer line camera to have professional qualities. You want everything, but refuse to pay for it. buck up and pay for the features you want, or wait until Canon releases those novelty items in the Rebel line-up.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
I know you're not canon. I just thought i could start here a wave causing canon to speed up the 70d release. I know they care about my post...

Sporgon- i would expect the 70 to be at least competitive with the 650/700 but with better viewfinder/pentaprism and weatherproofed for my outdoor activities. Maybe i was also monitoring cr to close, waiting several times minute by minute for 'my' new dslr. Now the next trip is close and i do not have my new toy :-(
I want Canon to slow down. Get it right. Once everything is ready to roll down the production, start the line. Until then, I say let the little kiddies complain that Christmas is not coming fast enough (when it is the same date every year).

You are asking for your consumer line camera to have professional qualities. You want everything, but refuse to pay for it. buck up and pay for the features you want, or wait until Canon releases those novelty items in the Rebel line-up.
This makes sense, I just posted in another thread about my concerns that they seem to be a bit slow nowadays, but it could be that I have lost perspective reading this forum too much.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Hey folks,
I've been waiting so long for the 70d.... now it's again some more weeks away-at least. :-(
Looks like I'm finally going to switch to Nikon after 8 YEARS Canon... and now I'm wondering who else?
Anyone else out there who takes the consequences of the missing features or am i the only one?
Just wondering....

OMG pictaker...your post will send shivers down the spine of the Canon marketing department.
The 70 D will be announced by the end of the week for sure and in stores by Monday.

-PW

ksagomonyants

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
If you need some features that current Canon cameras you can afford don't have, go ahead and switch. It's your money and you have absolutely no obligation not to do that. But you can also think about it in a different way. For example, Canon may be adding some new features which they did not plan to include previously. In this case, you may wait a little bit but get a camera with more advanced features  :)

P.S. In any case, you don't have to be frustrated with Canon. This is a rumor site and Canon hasn't promised to announce anything today.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
I know you're not canon. I just thought i could start here a wave causing canon to speed up the 70d release.

LOL.  Here's a small bucket - go drain the ocean.  ::)

:D +1
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
Hey folks,
I'been waiting so long fot the 70d.... now it's again some more weeks away-at least. :-(

Looks like I'm finally going to switch to Nikon after 8 YEARS Canon... and now i'm wondering who else?
Anyone else out there who takes the consequences of the missing features or am i the only one?

Just wondering....

And, Canon lacking the exact camera you want to buy right now...what exactly does Nikon offer that's better? What Nikon DSLR are you going to buy that gives you what you want that Canon doesn't or won't in a couple weeks?

The 70D isn't all that far off. If your so wound up waiting for it...that might be an indication you need to get out a little more and photograph...anything...for a while. I waited for the 5D III for years, saved up some money expecting it to hit the streets at $2700. I'm still waiting. I've been waiting for the 7D II for about a year. I'm still waiting. While I wait? I take great photos with my current, old, but still EXCELLENT 7D: See here

Waste the time doing what matters...your photography. The camera you want will come around when it comes around, but at least you'll have a bunch of awesome photos to show for all that time you invested in "waiting"!  ;D
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Ok first off, no one promised you a 70D today, so your negative feelings have nothing to do with Canon and everything to do with your expectations.

if you want to shoot video on a large-sensor camera, you have to learn how to focus manually.  The motion picture industry has been doing it this way since it's inception and continues to do so.  We are very far away from having AF for video on a DSLR, with as many lenses as there are it would be extremely difficult to make them all work perfectly.  I mean do you really want to trust a camera to pull focus for you at the right time and to the right place?  Instead of complaining about technology that probably isn't available just make do with what you have. 

Everyone else making videos with DSLR's and any other cinema camera do it this way, why can't you?  If you think the lack of this feature is what's holding you back from making great videos then you should go ahead and find a different gig.

And about switching to Nikon, I don't think switching is going to make the slightest bit of difference.  It seems like you want to blame the gear, a feature (or missing feature), and that could go on forever.  So like I said, try and make do with what you have, plenty of other people have made great stuff with the same gear.

Really well said

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 02:59:22 AM »
If you want video AF why are even looking at a DSLR? What's the point of doing video for you?
If you're going for everyday stuff then stop down your lens and set your focus at hyper focal, if you're shooting cinematic shallow dof or whatever then no one uses AF anyways, video will likely be dominantly MF driven for the creative uses of such, and the general unreliability of AF in most video cameras.

With that said, Canon DSLR video has gone absolutely nowhere in comparison to many others, upsetting because it's Canon that started the whole HDLSR trend, so I'll be getting a Panasonic GH3, which has amazing video (and I think good video AF capabilities as well, but I doubt I'll use it). But that will be purely for video, and a backup/second camera for photography. If you came to Canon for video, I did too, and I feel for ya, but go ahead and switch systems, in the end you'll lose out in getting rid of your gear, then maybe even realizing what you switched for wasn't the answer anyways, then you think of switching back... and oh dear... no matter what side, switching should always be a last resort

aj1575

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 03:40:33 AM »
Hey folks,
I'been waiting so long fot the 70d.... now it's again some more weeks away-at least. :-(

Looks like I'm finally going to switch to Nikon after 8 YEARS Canon... and now i'm wondering who else?

Just wondering....

I'm with Canon for some time now; 7 years of them with the my 350D. I'm also waiting for the 70D. An alternative would be the 6D, but it would cost quite some money to upgrade to FF, and I'm not sure if it is worth the investment.
Switching to Nikon is not an option. Not that Nikon is bad, or that I love Canon; it's just a question expense and revenues. It takes quite some time, effort and money to switch a whole system. but I don't see the real return of doing so. Of course, a better camera is nice, but waiting half a year or even a year makes no big difference for me as an amateurphotographer.

I suggest you go out with the eqiupment you have, and take some pictures, try out some new technique, and just wait until the 70D finaly arrives. But if you feel the need to spend some money, or just need a new toy, then buy something Nikon, Canon 6D, or whatever.

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »
Hey folks,
Just wondering....
When someone's very first post is cribbing about a Canon camera that has not yet been released, it raises a lot of doubts in everyone's mind about your intention ... it sounds ludicrous when you claim you have been with Canon for "8 years" but now you are "going to switch to Nikon" because the 70D is "some weeks away::) ... and then in your subsequent post you claim "I just thought i could start here a wave causing canon to speed up the 70d release" the only "wave" you've manged "cause" is ill will. If you really feel Nikon has a camera that can meet your needs, go buy it ... my primary photography gear is Canon but I also use a Nikon D7000 (which I will be selling and upgrading to D7100 soon), but it'd be naive and ridiculous if I start posting comments in a Canon forum expecting it to cause a "wave" to get other people to support me so that Canon will expedite their camera production ... judging by the reactions to your post, almost everyone thinks you are just trolling.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:09 AM »
Maybe English isn't the OP's first language.

Maybe he meant Bye Buy Canon ? ;D

After all, no credible person's first post is going to be 'Bye Canon' on CR.

shutterwideshut

• EOS M2
  • IR and Long Exposure junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:15 AM »
Maybe English isn't the OP's first language.

Maybe he meant Bye Buy Canon ? ;D

After all, no credible person's first post is going to be 'Bye Canon' on CR.

;D ;D ;D LMAO!!!!
My Flickr
5D3 ı 7D ı 50D(IR) ı 20D(IR) ı TS-E24 f/3.5L II ı 17-40 f/4L ı 24-70 f/2.8L II ı 70-200 f/4L IS ı 100 f/2.8L  Macro IS ı 40 f/2.8 ı 50 f/1.4 ı 85 f/1.8 ı 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 ı Lensbaby Composer Pro ı Rokinon 8mm ı 600EX-RT/ST-E3-RT

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:15 AM »