September 19, 2014, 06:19:20 PM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III, 1D Mark V & 1Ds Mark IV Tidbits  (Read 17189 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mark III, 1D Mark V & 1Ds Mark IV Tidbits
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
Just remember, if a FF sensor had the same photosite size as a Canon 7d it would have about 46 mp.

Those who like the 10.4 mp S95/ G12 cameras should realize that a FF sensor with that photosite density would have about 209 million photosites!

40 mp seems low by comparison.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
I  want to see the world through the eyes of a tourist, where everything is new and unusual. How can a good photographer be anything but a tourist?
You could be a resident.  Hey, it works for me!

april

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »
The whole idea behind a 1ds is to have all the best features available.. Made for pros that need them. There seems to be a lot of people commenting what the 1ds should be like and most the comments seem to be around hating the  camera being expensive and wanting the same features on a 2000$ camera. I dont get it.

The 5d mark II serves a good purpose.. It is a great camera for little money for semi- pros and also for pros that dont need or want the better functions and the built quality that the 1d series offers or want a more lightweight camera.

It is what it is... Deal with it, please.

The 1d is made for working professionals who want the best out of photography no matter what it costs.
For all i care the new 1Ds should cost 12 000$ to be a more separated from the 5d but thats Canon's call to make.

if a 1d camera takes a lot of time,effort and resource for canon to develop & manufacture why should they aim to sell it to the working pros? the population of rookies like me is a lot more than pros so they should aim to sell to  us for them get paid for all the hard works......

TimeLapseNinja

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
I agree the more MP the better!  Did you know imax is something around 68mp! I need that for time-lapse so can convert a film I want to shoot into true imax res.  Cheers!

quote author=Flake link=topic=1444.msg20198#msg20198 date=1312529755]
Why would anyone want 36MP?  It's not a huge increase in terms of resolution, however the files are larger, meaning that there's less of them per GB, they take proportionatly longer to transfer to the PC longer to open & to apply PP.  On top of that noise is generally worse, and with that dynamic range takes a hit too.  Lens flaws are made even worse, processing in camera takes longer.

For me 25MP with better dynamic range (lower noise), a digic V processor with its greater power used to give more fps (3.9 just isn't quick enough).
If you need more MP then either buy a medium format (your work will obviously fund this) or if it's landscape the stitch two images together to acheive the same!
[/i]

Sounds like someone urgently needs to consider upgrading their computer system, or at least parts of it.

I on the other hand want the highest mp count they can possibly cram into the beast, 65mp? Bring it on!

Amazing! Only the other day you were decrying the noise & dynamic range of your current camera, and now you've done a complete 180 turn and decided that neither actually matter - nor image quality, all you want is high MP!  Make your mind up because you can't have both!

As for my PC it's quad core 8GB running windows 7  I think it's powerful enough, the laptop is a Lenovo W700 again more than powerful enough.

Clearly you're an amature snapper who processes just a few images at a time for those of us needing to process a couple of hundred at a go, twice the file size makes a huge difference to the time it takes, and that's regardless of computer power.
[/quote]

J. McCabe

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2011, 03:06:12 AM »
Sounds like someone urgently needs to consider upgrading their computer system, or at least parts of it.

I on the other hand want the highest mp count they can possibly cram into the beast, 65mp? Bring it on!

You want more MP, others don't.

More MP is good for two things - larger prints, and tighter crops. Some people need neither.

Cannon Man

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2011, 03:50:05 AM »
When i said made for working pros i meant that it is developed the most demanding and top level photographers in mind. So in a way it is made for pros but of course they want to sell it to everyone who wants the features in their camera. I bought a 1Ds III long before i started taking photos as a full time job.

Sure the 1D cameras take a lot of money,effort to make but quess what, firstly they do sell a lot of 1D cameras around the world, AND all the tecnology in the cheaper cameras are in a way downgraded versions of a 1D because non of them require the level of presision or quality and they have the tecnology and the knowledge because they have been designing top level cameras like the 1D for years and they will keep doing just that.

if a 1d camera takes a lot of time,effort and resource for canon to develop & manufacture why should they aim to sell it to the working pros? the population of rookies like me is a lot more than pros so they should aim to sell to  us for them get paid for all the hard works......
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:04:51 AM by Cannon Man »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »

You want more MP, others don't.

More MP is good for two things - larger prints, and tighter crops. Some people need neither.

Everyone has their needs.  Some want higher ISO, some want Lower ISO, same for resolution.

There are plenty of choices with large pixels at low counts, but few 35mm cameras with 30+ mp, so having a choice is good.

I'd vote for more MP with my pocketbook.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »