July 29, 2014, 01:02:52 AM

Author Topic: New user / review instant zoom?  (Read 1094 times)

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
New user / review instant zoom?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »
Hey. New user here! Just sold my Pentax K5 to get the 6D and I love it!!
One question I have (tried search, but no results from my phone) after taking a photo, and seeing the instant review, how do I instantly zoom in without hitting the magnify button first? I just got in the habit of instantly reviewing and zooming photos, and it may sound silly, but an extra button press is annoying haha.

Thanks for your help!

canon rumors FORUM

New user / review instant zoom?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: New user / review instant zoom?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
Turn off the backscreen, problem solved and u will focus more on actually taking photos

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
Maybe so, but I won't know what the photos are looking like. There is a reason they put that screen there :)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »
Turn off the backscreen, problem solved and u will focus more on actually taking photos

Now that's helpful.  I recommend you switch to a film SLR, having to pay per frame and wait a couple of days to see if a shot worked will teach you to be a better photographer. Maybe a psychiatrist can help you be a nicer person.

@ OP, use Custom Controls to assign Magnify to the Set button, and in one of the Playback menus there's a magnification setting, set that to Actual Size. Pressing Set during image review or playback will take you to a 100% view at your selected AF Point.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  If I am reading it correctly, that is the same option as assigning the magnify button to instant-focus point correct? Just changing it to the set button instead? Is there a benefit to this?  Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »