August 23, 2014, 05:35:14 AM

Author Topic: New user / review instant zoom?  (Read 1116 times)

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
New user / review instant zoom?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:50 PM »
Hey. New user here! Just sold my Pentax K5 to get the 6D and I love it!!
One question I have (tried search, but no results from my phone) after taking a photo, and seeing the instant review, how do I instantly zoom in without hitting the magnify button first? I just got in the habit of instantly reviewing and zooming photos, and it may sound silly, but an extra button press is annoying haha.

Thanks for your help!

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: New user / review instant zoom?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
Turn off the backscreen, problem solved and u will focus more on actually taking photos

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
Maybe so, but I won't know what the photos are looking like. There is a reason they put that screen there :)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »
Turn off the backscreen, problem solved and u will focus more on actually taking photos

Now that's helpful.  I recommend you switch to a film SLR, having to pay per frame and wait a couple of days to see if a shot worked will teach you to be a better photographer. Maybe a psychiatrist can help you be a nicer person.

@ OP, use Custom Controls to assign Magnify to the Set button, and in one of the Playback menus there's a magnification setting, set that to Actual Size. Pressing Set during image review or playback will take you to a 100% view at your selected AF Point.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

B.M.F.SuperDuty

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  If I am reading it correctly, that is the same option as assigning the magnify button to instant-focus point correct? Just changing it to the set button instead? Is there a benefit to this?  Thanks!