October 21, 2014, 04:08:44 PM

Author Topic: ColorChecker passport, what's wrong?  (Read 10191 times)

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: ColorChecker passport, what's wrong?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Btw, I have worked out a way to get the colors I want, and that looks very much like reality.

1. DO NOT sample the "right" WB. Use LV and set your Kelvin number so that the wb looks the way you want, and I choose a wb as close to reality as I can. For example if I shoot under a warm indoor light, I set a wb to keep that mood, instead of turning the white white.

2. I then shoot the CC with my set wb, and I also use that wb for every shot after that (of course)

3. I export with CC passport and make the profile, finetune the WB and then check the colors, if anything looks to saturated etc, I finetune them also to make it look "right".

4. When the fine tuning is done, I make a preset with the "right" wb, colorprofile and name it after the wb.

That way the next time I shoot under similar conditions I can add the preset and do nothing more.

1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »
I'm trying to find the Camera Calibration-profiles on my Mac with Mountain Lion OS. X-rite provides a path to the folder, but they aren't there, I enabled "Show hidden files" also, but they are no where to be found. Anybody who knows here?

They can be in either the main computer Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Camera Profiles/... the next folder is different with different LR versions, they are all either there, or in the sub folder .../Camera/ then a specific camera folder; OR, User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Camera Profiles/... and the same differences.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
I'm trying to find the Camera Calibration-profiles on my Mac with Mountain Lion OS. X-rite provides a path to the folder, but they aren't there, I enabled "Show hidden files" also, but they are no where to be found. Anybody who knows here?

They can be in either the main computer Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Camera Profiles/... the next folder is different with different LR versions, they are all either there, or in the sub folder .../Camera/ then a specific camera folder; OR, User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Camera Profiles/... and the same differences.

Thanks! I was thrown off by the "Library" in USER was greyed out and couldn't be opened, but by right-cliking and choose open I found it AND I found the profile, Thanks again, you saved my day!

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
In Finder click on Go and press the Option key, this then shows the hidden user Library folder.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
In Finder click on Go and press the Option key, this then shows the hidden user Library folder.

Nice !  ;)

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 07:00:21 AM »
I have tested all reference card and software solutions,and  I can tell you people that qp-card with their software solution and new smaller  color card are fast and  better than any other  reference card and software  solution on the market today to create a own color profile to your camera in different light.  And the same result has  the tester at the Swedish photographer covenant concluded in their test.

Do you have link to where I can get one? I like to try everything :oP

Viggo

• View Profile

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
I actually bought the QP-card, but cancelled my order when I learned it's a piece of cardboard that comes already scratched and splattered ink and poorly glued together. I love the Passport as it is rugged and can take being used extensively and always be in my bag.

Another reason I decided to stick with the CC is that I learned that the best results isn't by using the X-rite software, but Adobe Profile Editor. And after a small amount of testing today I absolutely agree! All the things I didn't like with X-rite's results, to saturated colors, blues too blue and often off reds, is not the case with Adobe PE. It gives by far the most natural accurate results from everything I tried.

Can't wait to try outside tomorrow in different light!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »