September 30, 2014, 10:26:26 AM

Author Topic: Download Firmware 1.2.1 link for 5DIII  (Read 25421 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
Re: Download Firmware 1.2.1 link for 5DIII
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
Hope this works?
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/tHc7Wh9sU9/

No Spreken le English muy bien. Iz dis goot?

Ha!  I was just kidding guys!  Happy firmware day!
I did. So could you "disclose" the language you wrote in? I thought it was a German base but could not identify the language.

Le Mock-up maybe?

German would be Sprechen, can't recall how it was said in Dutch but quite often Dutch sounds like horribly misspelled German. Le English sounds like making fun of French (they say it anglais just to make it sound prettier). Muy Bien is normal, go live anywhere within 1000 miles from the south border of USA, and you'll hear that all the time (and many other places too). Iz diz goot is typical slang level of the US English these days.
Bah! And I thought I actually figured a few words in that narration. Never mind...
 :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »

cinema-dslr

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • youtube channel
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »
Hope this works?
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/tHc7Wh9sU9/

No Spreken le English muy bien. Iz dis goot?

Ha!  I was just kidding guys!  Happy firmware day!
I did. So could you "disclose" the language you wrote in? I thought it was a German base but could not identify the language.

Le Mock-up maybe?

German would be Sprechen, can't recall how it was said in Dutch but quite often Dutch sounds like horribly misspelled German. Le English sounds like making fun of French (they say it anglais just to make it sound prettier). Muy Bien is normal, go live anywhere within 1000 miles from the south border of USA, and you'll hear that all the time (and many other places too). Iz diz goot is typical slang level of the US English these days.
Bah! And I thought I actually figured a few words in that narration. Never mind...
 :)

actualy "spreken"  is correct dutch and does mean talking
Canon eos C100+ninja2 ninjablade, 7D, 40d, 17-40 f4L, 70-300L ,24-70 f2,8L, 100 f2,8L is macro , ef-s 10-22, sigma 28f1,8 macro, samyang 8 f3,5 fisheye, tamron 70-200 f2,8 macro, sigma 18-35 f1,8 Art

rlarsen

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Does the firmware improve AF performance other than adding F8 autofocus capability ?
I won't be using F4 lenses with a 2x converter and don't shoot video so I wonder if I should update the firmware.
I've read that with the new firmware, battery power is not shown for non-Canon-brand batteries.

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
To me it seems AF is a bit faster.  Definitely at lower light levels.

Does the firmware improve AF performance other than adding F8 autofocus capability ?
I won't be using F4 lenses with a 2x converter and don't shoot video so I wonder if I should update the firmware.
I've read that with the new firmware, battery power is not shown for non-Canon-brand batteries.
[/quotel

Chris Burch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • CHRIS BURCH photography
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
I shot 2 gigs last night with quite low lighting levels and can confirm the 5D3 AF lock while using IR focus assist is MUCH faster after the 1.2.1 firmware upgrade.  It seems almost half the time to lock, so it's a VERY welcome improvement.
Canon 1DX, 5D Mark III, 5D MarkII

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »
Today is the first day since the upgrade that I've used both the CF card and eye-fi X2 PRO SD card.  I did not get a single error 80.  Time will tell I suppose.

Jerrad245

• Power Shot G16
  • Portrait & Wedding Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Story Lantern
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
Has anyone had any issues witht he new firmware, I have a wedding this saturday so I want to make sure I dont run into any issues as it works just fine right now, but the flash AF speed would be nice, also anyone tried the update firmware with the pocket wizards TT5's? as that would be another major concern. - thanks
5DIII | 5DII | 70-200 2.8L II | 50L | 100L | 135L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
New firmware has been very stable for me.  I have only been using Canon equipment with the exception of an eye-fi SD card which I just started trying today.

If you have a backup body you should take it with you...which should be the case whether or not you performed the upgrade.

Has anyone had any issues witht he new firmware, I have a wedding this saturday so I want to make sure I dont run into any issues as it works just fine right now, but the flash AF speed would be nice, also anyone tried the update firmware with the pocket wizards TT5's? as that would be another major concern. - thanks

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
Just a follow up.  Have been using the eye-fi card in the camera since the last update here and have found it to be much more stable.  No more error 80s.  My shots now consistently show up on my iPad for my clients to review.  Very happy with that fix.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
I Finally updated our 5Dmk3s
and i have to say wow what a difference to low light AF speed!
its massive!
Very happy here

No improvement on the red focus points - Booooo Hisss
No ability to customise the stupid rate button - Hope magic lantern can do something here instead since canon have no interest in being helpful

I tested it out with the 300 f4L and 2x TC and its all good with the f8 lens AF functions and works well even in very low light with this combo
APS-H Fanboy

jrista

• POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
No ability to customise the stupid rate button - Hope magic lantern can do something here instead since canon have no interest in being helpful

Well that sucks. :(
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

PhotographAdventure

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Snapshot Quality
    • View Profile
    • Harrisburg Wedding Photographer
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »
its massive!
Very happy here

I tested it out with the 300 f4L and 2x TC and its all good with the f8 lens AF functions and works well even in very low light with this combo

Does every 5D Mark III suffer from slow low light AF speed?
I don't notice any lag on mine.  I'm just wondering if I should even bother updating the firmware.

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
14 bug fixes.  You should upgrade it.  The low light performance is important at VERY low light levels...like shooting in moonlight.  It is especially improved when you use a speed light and have to use the AF assist beam to illuminate and grab focus. I was going to say it's like night and day but ....

There were also a few other bugs fixed that could cause the camera to lock up or do weird things in certain conditions and that's something you dont want to stumble on when that once in a lifetime shot happens.

its massive!
Very happy here

I don't notice any lag on mine.  I'm just wondering if I should even bother updating the firmware.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »
You can customize it to "protect" mode! :o  I use that with the eye-fi to tag photos I want to send to my ipad.

Well that sucks. :(

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »
14 bug fixes.  You should upgrade it.  The low light performance is important at VERY low light levels...like shooting in moonlight.  It is especially improved when you use a speed light and have to use the AF assist beam to illuminate and grab focus. I was going to say it's like night and day but ....

There were also a few other bugs fixed that could cause the camera to lock up or do weird things in certain conditions and that's something you dont want to stumble on when that once in a lifetime shot happens.

its massive!
Very happy here

yeah really low light and i'm talking iso 25,000 1/50 sec with the 300 + 2x TC @f8 and its still responsive!
not that i'd ever actually shoot like this but i just wanted to push it

with the 85 f1.4 its wicked fast in the same minimal light
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »