September 22, 2014, 08:41:35 AM

Author Topic: Is there a way to simulate 1dx C.Fn6 on the 5d mark III  (Read 1516 times)

paolotaverna

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Is there a way to simulate 1dx C.Fn6 on the 5d mark III
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
Good day,

I have both 1dx and 5dmkiii.  I most often use 1dx for work and 5d mkiii for my assistant..BUT in church i usually take the 5dmkiii as I love the silence mode. (the 1dx silence is a joke:-) ).

Anyhow, on the 1dx on page 331 of the user manual I changed the 6 sec timer to 4 minutes...so the metering does not stop (which means that even though I take my hands off the camera for 1 minute, I can still grab it and use the joystick to change my af points around without having to click on AF On button)

Now on the 5d mkii I do not see the C.Fn6....BUT would really like to have the same setup as my 1dx.

Anyone know if I missed something ?

thank you

PT

canon rumors FORUM

Is there a way to simulate 1dx C.Fn6 on the 5d mark III
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to simulate 1dx C.Fn6 on the 5d mark III
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »
i was talking kinda the same thing in this forum before as well as requesting that feature on canon 5d mark iii, but seem like majority people do not use that kinda function.  i love to have those functions on my canon 5d mark iii.  with those function available, i am going to be act much much quicker in av/tv mode under low light or some situations that light is changed all the time (i.e. shooting in cherry farm in a windy day).  for now, i have to use manual mode for most of my shoot until i am having those function in my canon 5d mark iii

CANON CANON CANON.... please put that feature as an option on canon 5d mark iii since it is a semi-pro camera so that we can act quick on any mode.  another feature that has been removeD out is that "HIGHLIGHT ALERT SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY AVAILABLE WHEN PRESSING INFO BUTTON".  this feature is kinda handy on my canon 30d.  my canon 7d does not have this feature too, not sure why and when they decided to remove it out, but i am loving it.

in short, i guess the answer to your question is "NO" since i have digged in and find that function before.  there is a trick which is half press the shutter before the expiration

Chris Burch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • CHRIS BURCH photography
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »
Doesn't the 4-minute timer drain the heck out of your batteries?
Canon 1DX, 5D Mark III, 5D MarkII

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »
Awesome, thanks! I wasn't aware of this option on the 1D X.  4 min is probably too long for me, but 30 s to 1 min might work. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:49:01 AM »
Doesn't the 4-minute timer drain the heck out of your batteries?

yes, it does... but think about this way:  it is much much easier in controlling either aperture (i.e. changing dof... switching from shooting a group to a person) or shutter while metering is maintained the same with that function.

without this function, manual mode is much much slower IMO...

note:  i personally hate highlight alert... I LOVE MY HIGHLIGHT ALERT AFTER "INFO" BUTTON IS PRESSED, LIKE MY CANON 30D... PLEASE... PLEASE CANON...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:02:23 PM by ishdakuteb »

docholliday

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
It was around in the 1D/Ds II and IIIs also...one of the reasons I could never shoot anything but the 1-Series (that and better viewfinder)!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »