November 21, 2014, 11:34:06 AM

Author Topic: EOS Utility in Lion  (Read 49612 times)

EELinneman

Re: EOS Utility in Lion
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:16 PM »

Well, the only reason Apple and Microsoft give out prerelease software in the first place is to test compatibility.

This statement is patently false and misleading.  Companies give out prelease software to test functionality, performance, compatibility and stability.  You clearly don't work with software testing or with software development.  Stick to something you have some expertise in.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:16 PM »

theCount

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »
This statement is patently false and misleading.  Companies give out prelease software to test functionality, performance, compatibility and stability.  You clearly don't work with software testing or with software development.  Stick to something you have some expertise in.

Get out of here. You're giving Canon Rumor's forum a bad rep. Edwin Herdman had the decency to elaborate on Mack's mistake - you could have done the same.

EELinneman

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »

Well, the only reason Apple and Microsoft give out prerelease software in the first place is to test compatibility.

You're right.  My comment was harsh and uncalled for.  I apologize Mack.

kevl

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Any solution for this?

Will Aperture capture video when tethered?

Thanks,
Kev

alipaulphotography

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
I used 'image capture' today for a shoot as I needed to preview each image on a big screen after each shot to make adjustments. If you need something for live view and focus you might have an issue.

fantantric

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
Version 2.8.1, which is not the latest version, works with Lion.  I called Canon and they had me roll it back.  Now it works fine.

kevl

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
I have 2.8.1 from the link above and it won't work on my MBP. :/

UPDATE: I removed the install of the utility I had before, then ran the updater with the disc in my MBP and NOW it works!! YES!!! WOOT!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:43:48 PM by kevl »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »

The Main Event

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
Been running into this problem and thought I'd ask here.  Downloaded the 2.8.1 EOS Utility and it's working perfectly.  However it can't seem to recognize my camera.  I always get the "Error: Can't recognize camera".  Did some search but just couldn't remedy this problem.  I have the 60D.

Any idea why it's doing that?

fantantric

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
Version 2.8.1 of the EOS utility works with Lion. 

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
Been running into this problem and thought I'd ask here.  Downloaded the 2.8.1 EOS Utility and it's working perfectly.  However it can't seem to recognize my camera.  I always get the "Error: Can't recognize camera".  Did some search but just couldn't remedy this problem.  I have the 60D.

Any idea why it's doing that?

Because support for the 60D was added with EOS Utility v2.9.0 - older versions won't recoginze newer cameras.  But, newer versions won't run under Lion.  Catch 22.  Wish I had better news...   :(
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

MattStreten

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »
Regarding Lion not supporting EOS Utility; I hope this helps.  I upgraded the utility that was version 2.6, this was already working on Lion, I just figured I'd update it. Big mistake as I could no longer access the software from Lion! I reverted to the CD I got with the camera, loaded the software and I'm back in business on Lion. This version allows me to shoot with my 5D Mk2 and my 1DS Mk3. I have no idea if it supports other cameras... Good Luck! Matt

niccyboy

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »
I use two MB Pro's and I shoot tethered directly through lightroom or capture one....

I have only updated ONE to Lion because of the compatibility post on here! Just curious is it only the EOS utility? Or will I be able to tethered shoot in LR and Capture 1? Has anyone tried in Lion?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »