October 02, 2014, 12:44:05 PM

Author Topic: A Breakdown of Rumors  (Read 15908 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: A Breakdown of Rumors
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
The rumor going around is that the A77 will shoot 12FPS - we'll see...

I heard 20 fps, and a built-in coffee maker.  But that may not have been the most reliable of rumors...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
since when did real cameras on the market need to have their pricing dictated by rumored equipment?

Well, rumored because it isn't out yet but Sony has been very public with info including spec lists and a launch date for the end of this month so its not quite rumor. I'm just saying that the 7D is a great camera and will still be a great buy if Canon prices it right. There isn't a ton to upgrade on it until the Digic V is out so I understand that canon has probably delayed a new model till 2012.  It has only come down about $200 I think in the several years it has been out so I'm sure Canon has room. If they don't lower the price, it just looks like there may be some other superior camera options from the competition for around the same price for about a year.

-zero-

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »
There isn't a ton to upgrade on it until the Digic V is out so I understand that canon has probably delayed a new model till 2012.  It has only come down about $200 I think in the several years it has been out so I'm sure Canon has room. If they don't lower the price, it just looks like there may be some other superior camera options from the competition for around the same price for about a year.

First, we still don't know if the 7D is on a 2 or 3 year cycle so I wouldn't talk about any delays just yet
second, the 7D is still the top aps-c camera out there and I think is priced correctly, the price will go down eventually but I think it's going to be when the 7D mkII comes out and not when nikon or sony release new cameras (I could be wrong though)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »

I heard 20 fps, and a built-in coffee maker.  But that may not have been the most reliable of rumors...

This is a Canadian web site, so that would be a kettle - eh  ;)

Canon 14-24

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 12:29:28 AM »
Strategically what they probably will do?

Probably release for a 5d3 next year Q1 2012. Why because then they can release their new line up that will be in line with a new Adobe CS6 suite to just open a raw file! So on top of a potential new $3k-ish camera body you gotta now buy a new 300-600 photoshop to open the raws!

UncleFester

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »

That's a lot of fps, and I often wonder what practical application even 10 fps have. Besides the obvious like a good autosports accident, boxing and UFC have got to be the best sports where a 10-12 frame shines.

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »
Strategically what they probably will do?

Probably release for a 5d3 next year Q1 2012. Why because then they can release their new line up that will be in line with a new Adobe CS6 suite to just open a raw file! So on top of a potential new $3k-ish camera body you gotta now buy a new 300-600 photoshop to open the raws!

you don't even need a new photoshop. DPP is way enough. if not, there is lightroom. add these bucks to your glass budget...regards.
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »

bycostello

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • London Weddings
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:07 AM »
nothing about a 4/3rds camera....  i'd much prefer to buy canon cos of the compatability with flash etc...

Canon is likely coming out with a small sensor camera, we have seen a patent along those lines, and the Nikon small format camera has already been leaked.  They absolutely will NOT make a 4/3 camera.

:( looking like an Olympus pen then....

Lawliet

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
And when the Sony A77 debuts with 24MP on APS-C, for a price well under the 7D?

The A77 as such is an interesting proposition; moreso with a 35mm counterpart.
BUT a while ago I took the A900 for a spin. Nice body, but the 24-70/2,8 and 70-200/2,8 way to often made the OOF areas require massive post processing. The Sigma versions also have their weaknesses, leaving C&N as the only viable options, independent on what happens in terms of bodies.

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
nothing about a 4/3rds camera....  i'd much prefer to buy canon cos of the compatability with flash etc...

Canon is likely coming out with a small sensor camera, we have seen a patent along those lines, and the Nikon small format camera has already been leaked.  They absolutely will NOT make a 4/3 camera.

I hope when canon comes out with a small-form-factor interchangeable lens camera that they go with APS-C instead of m4/3.  sony has irrefutably proven that you can get a lot of sensor into a tiny package.  better yet, Leica has shown how to do it with a FF sensor.  if in 2013 canon threw the 5D II sensor into a rangefinder body ... pretty sure I'd ditch my G series cam and buy it instead.

and yeah, I do think it will be 2013 before we see any small-form-factor body release from Canon, at the earliest

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:43 AM »

The Sony Alpha Rumors site, with a big "picture cannot be found" image from some online imagehost, marked it an SR4, whatever that means.  I actually read it somewhere else (which seemed a bit more upscale).

If the A77 follows the price progression of the A33 and the A55, it'll be somewhere around $1000, maybe over that mark by a good deal.  With a 24mpix sensor, you'll definitely need a good memory card to get quick transfer rates.  I personally have trouble seeing 12fps even on a $1500 body, even if it will be a couple years newer in design than the 7D.

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 12:36:45 PM »

I hope when canon comes out with a small-form-factor interchangeable lens camera that they go with APS-C instead of m4/3.  sony has irrefutably proven that you can get a lot of sensor into a tiny package.  better yet, Leica has shown how to do it with a FF sensor.  if in 2013 canon threw the 5D II sensor into a rangefinder body ... pretty sure I'd ditch my G series cam and buy it instead.

and yeah, I do think it will be 2013 before we see any small-form-factor body release from Canon, at the earliest

That's true. Sony packs quite a punch with the NEX sensor in a small body. But the problem is that it's too pricey for that market in my opinion. I'd love a small interchangable camera for travelling but the NEX and many of the others are just too expensive. EVIL will never replace DSLRs for me but I'd love to have one at a lower price point.

The Sony NEX5 at $650 is absurd.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »

That's true. Sony packs quite a punch with the NEX sensor in a small body. But the problem is that it's too pricey for that market in my opinion. I'd love a small interchangable camera for travelling but the NEX and many of the others are just too expensive. EVIL will never replace DSLRs for me but I'd love to have one at a lower price point.

I thought the majority of m4/3 cameras sell for at least as much as the NEX5?  aren't some of the Olympus m4/3 cameras around $800 or even $900?  I'd much rather get a compact APS-C for $650 rather than a m4/3 for $900 ...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »

WarStreet

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »

Personally, I don't find it interesting to have a small body with big lenses.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:44 AM »
Personally, I don't find it interesting to have a small body with big lenses.

EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:44 AM »