November 28, 2014, 01:42:22 PM

Author Topic: Canon Tele lenses vs Nikon tele lenses ( both with converters )  (Read 26861 times)

garyknrd

• EOS M2
  • Birding
    • View Profile
    • Bird photography
Re: Canon Tele lenses vs Nikon tele lenses ( both with converters )
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
Those are nice with the new Nikon lens. I have been thinking of that lens for a walk around lens.

No offence. But I kinda shudder every time I see people pushing any lens with T.C's as being an alternative. I have the 300 II and I will use the 1.4x only with it. The image is sharp but it looses allot with the 1.4 connected. I won't even connect a 2x to it? Same with another II lens I own.  Just me I guess.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:03:06 PM by garyknrd »
Live between Thailand and Texas, USA

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

Apop

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Apophoto
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »
If that is really true there might be something wrong with the lens/converter or af adjusment.
I find it very hard to spot any differences in 100% crops and the drop in AF speed difference isn't noticeble to me either

There must be a difference in AF speed an quality, no doubt ,but I think it is just very small

Those are nice with the new Nikon lens. I have been thinking of that lens for a walk around lens.

No offence. But I kinda shudder every time I see people pushing any lens with T.C's as being an alternative. I have the 300 II and I will use the 1.4x only with it. The image is sharp but it looses allot with the 1.4 connected. I won't even connect a 2x to it? Same with another II lens I own.  Just me I guess.

garyknrd

• EOS M2
  • Birding
    • View Profile
    • Bird photography
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
Where mine really impress me is the flat sharp field. The two I have are amazing. A good flat sharp field with little or no distortion. Which is very important to me. Close quarter shooting makes the lenses a perfect match for me. Bare lens my 300 is so sharp it is amazing. Shooting with it everyday I can immediately see the quality drop when I put on my 1.4. Not only that with the 1.4 on a bigger lens it slows me down to a crawl. Af speed, Long lens technique has to kick in to get sharp shots. Just not fun for me. The 1.4 on the 300 I find acceptable. It is light and IS does a good job. The 2X is strictly a no go zone for me with either lens.

Kinda curious about the new 200-400. Looking at the MTF charts. I personally do not think I would buy one. For me that is. Again, not for most I guess.

That is just me. It looks like it is not for most. So no sweat.. But that is the way mine work, and the way I like to use them for my style of shooting.
Live between Thailand and Texas, USA

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »