October 23, 2014, 02:09:49 AM

Author Topic: 5DMK3 new firmware - Silent shooting in "one shot" is now very loud???  (Read 4777 times)

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
I haven't noticed any difference.

Same here.

canon rumors FORUM

Hydrogen

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
What were you hoping to fix with the new firmware? I sell enterprise software as my primary living and most customers do not want to be the early adopters of a new release.  I want to fix the focus performance with a speedlite AF-assist beam but do not want to get new problems.

I second Polarized's viewpoint.  I developed enterprise software for the past two decades and now oversee the architecture of such solutions.

In order to have a less error-prone upgrade or introducing odd behavior, I would recommend to anyone here that is upgrading their firmware to explicitly right-down (or take screenshots) of all settings and custom functions and then clear the entire camera back to factory defaults after you have upgraded the firmware.  Then, re-establish your settings.

-Darius
5D Mark III | 1D Mark III | 20D | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 28 f/1.8 | 35 f/1.4L | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.8 | 580ex | 430ex | 420ex

canon rumors FORUM