April 23, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

Author Topic: No 7D Mark II in 2013? [CR2]  (Read 48988 times)

CanNotYet

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: No 7D Mark II in 2013? [CR2]
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »
Jrista, back off a sec. I got this one.

Let us try some elemental semantic logic instead. (this was long ago, so bear with me if I make technical mistakes) :)

Gear is a convenience. Ok, I accept this as true. in semantic logic this would be "X is Y", or "X=Y", where X is "Gear" and Y is "a Convenience".

But then I postulate my own assumption: "A Convenience is something that matters". This I say, as if you have the possibility to get the exact same shot (regardless of gear/skill/posistion etc.), it matters if you can do it easy, or if you can do it with great difficulty. There might be reasons to each, but it matters.

In semantic logic, this would be "Y=Z", where Y is still "a Convenience", and Z is "something that matters".

If these two are true, then you can replace Y in "Y=Z" with X, as "X=Y", and "X=Z".

Ergo, Gear is something that matters. :D

Back off-topic, or rather to other parts of off-topic:

On Canada calling Football Soccer and America being North and Central America too: I knew there was a reason it is called "American football" everywhere else, and not "USA football". :)

On the British coming up with this: Yeah, the British are notorious for meddling in sports, they have written the rules for sports they do not even practice, like "bandy", which is really weird. (I guess they DID practice it earlier?)

And on the testosterone sports: I have played Soccer/Football, Rugby, American Football, and Ice hockey regularly when I grew up. Should I be ashamed now? :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »

insanitybeard

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
RL, in it's simplest form your kit must be sufficient to perform for the application for which you intend for it. To that end, as an example, how would you ever get a single usable shot of a bird or aircraft in flight using a pinhole camera? Your new profile picture shows you using something that looks like a 200 F2, so to some degree, you must think your gear matters, unless it's to look professional, and I mean no offence by that.
7D / EF-S 10-22 / 17-40L / 70-200 f4L IS / EF-S 60 macro

RLPhoto

• 1D X
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
RL, in it's simplest form your kit must be sufficient to perform for the application for which you intend for it. To that end, as an example, how would you ever get a single usable shot of a bird or aircraft in flight using a pinhole camera? Your new profile picture shows you using something that looks like a 200 F2, so to some degree, you must think your gear matters, unless it's to look professional, and I mean no offence by that.

I'm not going to give ways to get every shot with minimal gear. That's for your imagination. Now, Its not usual to fly with someone else and get shots from the cockpit. It's been done plenty of times and looks great.

As for the avatar, it says what needs to be said without having said it. YMMV.
24LII - 50L - 135L
---------------------------------
www.RamonLperez.com

privatebydesign

• 1D X
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »

It says, very clearly, you are a conflicted troll who can't live by your own perverse opinions.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »

It says, very clearly, you are a conflicted troll who can't live by your own perverse opinions.

Your opinion. My opinion of you would hold you in a much lower light but I'd rather not type that.
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

9VIII

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »
If going to extreme measures to put yourself in the best place to get the composition you want is a photographic skill, then isn't choosing the gear most likely to get you the cleanest image and best composition also a photographic skill?

I think there's some overlap here.
-100% RAW-

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
This argument is now a pointless exercise.    To me, RL you must care something about gear or you wouldn't be on a gear rumor site talking about gear and displaying your own gear list in your sig just -- only to argue that gear is not important.    A minimalist approach to photography is one thing, and you make a good case for it, but imho you've taken this to the absurd level where its just not even entertaining anymore.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
This argument is now a pointless exercise.    To me, RL you must care something about gear or you wouldn't be on a gear rumor site talking about gear and displaying your own gear list in your sig just -- only to argue that gear is not important.    A minimalist approach to photography is one thing, and you make a good case for it, but imho you've taken this to the absurd level where its just not even entertaining anymore.

Gear doesn't matter, it just a matter of convenience. I stand by that statement, but many other's don't. I'm not offended if you agree or don't agree, but it's what I work by.
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
Lets move on.  So with 7D2 coming in 14, and a 1 series high MP coming in 14, that would make for only two notable DSLR bodies next year  (ok 70D would be three if it waits that long), plus the obligatory new Rebels, of course, which hatch frequently.  I guess i don't see whats so spectacular about the number of  2014 DSLR Bodies, and what a great year it will be --  beyond of course the fact that we may see Canon's price interpretation of what a high MP body should command from the market, and whatever they reveal in the 7D2.   is anyone anticipating more than this? 

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »
Lets move on.  So with 7D2 coming in 14, and a 1 series high MP coming in 14, that would make for only two notable DSLR bodies next year  (ok 70D would be three if it waits that long), plus the obligatory new Rebels, of course, which hatch frequently.  I guess i don't see whats so spectacular about the number of  2014 DSLR Bodies, and what a great year it will be --  beyond of course the fact that we may see Canon's price interpretation of what a high MP body should command from the market, and whatever they reveal in the 7D2.   is anyone anticipating more than this?

Canon has repeatedly said that the 7D2 will be "a significant upgrade" and "a game-changer". The safest bet is new sensor technology and improvements to AF, burst rate, video, and remote control. At the minimum it should be the unveiling of sensor performance that the rumoured high-megapixel camera will have.... and it is possible that they will skip over the .18 micron technology to something else... who knows?

And that's the crux of it.... "Who knows?" In the meantime we wildly speculate. We have no hard evidence to back up our speculations, but it's fun to dream.

I'll probably get one when it is released.... but I am patient enough to wait, plus my 60D works just fine.... I bet it has at least another 15000 shutter releases on it before the 7D2 comes out :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

CanNotYet

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2013, 06:49:14 PM »
But convenience matters...and so gear matters. Or do you dispute that convenience matters?

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
But convenience matters...and so gear matters. Or do you dispute that convenience matters?

Everyone's different.
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:49 PM »
I guess I just don't understand what you mean by the phrase "doesn't matter."  In what way?  Do you even know what you mean?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:49 PM »

RLPhoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
I guess I just don't understand what you mean by the phrase "doesn't matter."  In what way?  Do you even know what you mean?

Sure. The photos is what matters.
24LII - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »

Canon has repeatedly said that the 7D2 will be "a significant upgrade" and "a game-changer". The safest bet is new sensor technology and improvements to AF, burst rate, video, and remote control. At the minimum it should be the unveiling of sensor performance that the rumoured high-megapixel camera will have.... and it is possible that they will skip over the .18 micron technology to something else... who knows?

And that's the crux of it.... "Who knows?" In the meantime we wildly speculate. We have no hard evidence to back up our speculations, but it's fun to dream.

I'll probably get one when it is released.... but I am patient enough to wait, plus my 60D works just fine.... I bet it has at least another 15000 shutter releases on it before the 7D2 comes out :)

Yea I'd rather widely speculate on that then about what doesn't matter to rl.  I'm wondering if we will see only 2 or more than 2 bodies

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »