Gear Talk > Lenses

Lens Flare

(1/1)

rihanishtiaq:
I am having some lens flare with EF 50 f/1.8 II when the light source is in front of the camera.

If I use a hood, will it solve my problem or vignetting will be increased as well in that case?

Drizzt321:
Using a hood designed for the 50 f/1.8 you should be fine, however if the light source is within the field of view, then a lens hood probably won't help because it's going to project light into the lens anyway. You can always use your hand or piece of cardboard/posterboard or something and hold it just out of the frame while still blocking the light from the source. Personally I'm not sure I would spend the money given the lens is so cheap. I'd put the money towards saving up for a better lens, which probably will also control lens flare better.

bholliman:

--- Quote from: rihanishtiaq on May 06, 2013, 06:24:14 PM ---I am having some lens flare with EF 50 f/1.8 II when the light source is in front of the camera.

If I use a hood, will it solve my problem or vignetting will be increased as well in that case?

--- End quote ---

Are you using a UV filter on the lens?  Those increase lens flare.  I normally remove all filters from my lens when shooting into the sun.

rihanishtiaq:
Yes! you are totally right. I use a UV filter..
Thanks for the info.. next time i will get rid of it when shooting into the sun

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version