September 19, 2014, 04:05:44 AM

Author Topic: San Francisco Long Exposure Cityscapes!  (Read 9675 times)

CanadianInvestor

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: San Francisco Long Exposure Cityscapes!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
I wondered how this thread ran up a high post count so fast - I was hoping for lots of images, instead it's just dilbert being a rude ass and the fallout from that.  How disappointing.  Dilbert, are you sure you know a good picture from a bad one?  It's a bit more subjective than knowing the difference between a camera and a lens, and since you have trouble comprehending the latter, I question your ability to judge the former.

But back to the topic at hand (sort of, not a full cityscape but at least a long exposure in SF)...

Phenomenal!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
Your a very Funny Guy Dilbert, you've managed to insult everyone in this thread that's posted an Image, with the exception of your own image, very credible.

I think you mistake my comments. I don't think it is a good photo. It wasn't a photo about the subject or a photo to parade photography skill but rather a remark on the 5D2 and IQ at ISO3200.

And it would appear you know about as much on the subject of "Fairy Penguins" as you do on Photography.

I originally come from Australia, I also Scuba Dive & do Underwater Photography, in the Southern waters of Australia, Fairy Penguins can be seen all day every day in their hundreds, if your close to Rocks & small Islands they're a PIA as they tend to surround you, all during the Day, you may be right about where they live "Under rocks", I wouldn't know about that as I don't live in that sort of neighbourhood.

So you see penguins in their hundreds in the water, yes?

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 07:35:21 AM »
So why am I so critical of night shots?

Well what makes one different to the other?

Just different lights and a different reflection. Maybe a little difference in framing. They are a phase that nearly every photographer goes through. I just don't see them as challenging. Why?

Because the light is always coming to you and it is relatively constant, everywhere.

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
Anyone could have taken those photographs as there is nothing special about them.

Really constructive criticism(!)

If you want to make your photos stand out, there needs to be something special about them, be it style, composition, post, etc.

I suppose dawn/dusk/night photos that are long exposure is a phase that photographers go through.

So my advice is go take a bunch more long exposure night time photos and get it out of your system.

Perhaps true, but then civility is a phase most adult humans eventually grow into. Stay on the path, and eventually you get there.

+ 100
1Dx, 5DII w/grip, 3x600 EX RT, ST-E3
Canon: 8-15L, 16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, 17L TS, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, 40 F2.8 STM, 50 F1.4. Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »