September 30, 2014, 06:30:14 AM

Author Topic: My Eos M review - Part Two  (Read 1626 times)

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
My Eos M review - Part Two
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »
I took my Eos M for a walk in the streets armed with not only the 22mmf2 and the 40mm f2.8 pancake but also a Mamiya 50mm shift lens made for medium format! More info and images here at...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/

canon rumors FORUM

My Eos M review - Part Two
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »

paul13walnut5

Re: My Eos M review - Part Two
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:18:33 AM »
nice review and nice images.

Mine arrived yesterday, going to use it in anger today at lunch.  Very impressed with form so far, images look good on LCD, will see how they fare on VDU.

I've found the AF on the 22 as expected, not the fastest ever, but in one shot single zone af (with touch on and off) to be pretty fast.  I guess for street stuff I would probably use AF-MF with continuous AF off (so it behaves like a one shot lock idea) pre-compose shot, lock focus and wait for decisive moment.

I really am very impressed.  My 430EX is working ok on  it, as are my thrid party lenses, my 100mm 2.0 USM is very fast to focus on it, my sigma macro very slow, but very accurate.

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:56:07 AM »
thanks Paul! Yes the little 'M' is actually far more impressive than most of the reviews led me to believe. Focus actually slightly better than I expected, but then I did expect the worst! MF is not easy handheld and I have not tried AF- MF yet...to make it easier I think something like focus peaking is needed. But as you say, better to focus first, and then wait for the action to step into the viewfinder.....

Pieces Of E

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon owners and operators
    • View Profile
    • Pieces Of E, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »
Ivan, your reviews were very informative and fun to read. Your photographs are fantastic, I really like your 'display' of colors, for a lack of better terms. I can't describe how they look to me, but I really like them and all your examples. Like Paul, I also am a new owner of the EOS-M and am itching to get out and test it's video capabilities, which I bought it for. Thanks again for sharing your reviews here. Eric
EOS 7D, BG-E7, EF 300L IS f4, EF 100L IS f2.8 macro, EF 24-105L IS f4 , EF 1.4 extender MKIII, EF-S 10-22 f3.5-5.6, 70-200L IS f2.8 II, EOS-M, 22 f2 STM, EF-S 18-135 IS STM, EF 85 f1.8

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
Ivan, your reviews were very informative and fun to read. Your photographs are fantastic, I really like your 'display' of colors, for a lack of better terms. I can't describe how they look to me, but I really like them and all your examples. Like Paul, I also am a new owner of the EOS-M and am itching to get out and test it's video capabilities, which I bought it for. Thanks again for sharing your reviews here. Eric

put magic lantern on it. it really takes the camera to another level
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »