Image & Video Galleries > Third Party Lenses (Sigma, Tamron, etc.)

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

(1/16) > >>

dbuono1865:
Couldn't find this Canon mount in the lens gallery.  Thought I would add one to see if others are using this lens.

More polo photos at www.buonophotography.com/austinpoloclub

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
While there are few limitations to this lens (doesn't seem to respond to extenders well, missing a few options as compared with the Canon version), the reviews all seem to indicate that this lens holds its own (and some indicate more than holds it own) against the Canon MKII version - which is a pretty huge feat.  200mm seems to be the weak point, but this is certainly an impressive lens, and I suspect the bokeh is in fact better than the Canon version.  These pics look pretty nice - keep them coming!  I am somewhat tempted by this lens.

dbuono1865:
I used the Tamron SP 2x teleconverter on some shots.  It works well with the lens.  Focus is a bit slower, so have to key in on fast moving objects before you start firing.  The only other effect was a bit of softness is the raw images, but Lightoom sharpening brought them right back.

Gary W.:
Hey all,

I have had this lens only a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to shoot much, but have a moon shot!! 1/100th, ƒ9, ISO 100, 200mm, handheld. I don't recall exactly how much, but close to 80% crop, IIRC.

Gary W.

Gary W.:
Hey all,

A few more.... :)

Gary W.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version