December 19, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 70D Coming in July? [CR2]  (Read 35894 times)

whothafunk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 70D Coming in July? [CR2]
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51:39 AM »
If you don't like reading rumours, why come to a forum called "Canon Rumors"?
where have i stated i dont like reading rumors? what i said is that i dont get all super excited with every new rumor and start to write down what i expect the camera to have, over and over again.
Canon 7D Mark II -- Canon 70D -- Canon 8-15L f4 Fisheye USM -- Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS USM II -- Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS USM

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51:39 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
The rumor didn't say the same sensor, just Olog-hai there preemptively complaining.

well we are not all braindead fantasy freaks who believe in miracles... gaffer gamgee.

my last 5 predictions were dead on.. i would be glad to be wrong this time... but i doubt it.

the first APS-C camera from canon to have a new sensor design will be the 7D MK2.

Oh, that was a prediction, it read like complaining.  Wasn't it?

I know it's totally necessary to defecate on Canon within the first 4 posts of every thread, I was just trying to help that along. 

My 60D miraculously still takes great photos .  . . must be some kind of magic, no?
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Schafjan

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
Hello, I am new to this Forum. I came across an interesting webpage in which a 70D is shown. What do you think?
http://www.replacedirect.nl/category/218984/canon-eos-70d.html?prrel=7901965
70D, 70-300 L, Tammy 150-600, 17-55 2.8, and more

Stuart

• EOS M2
  • Hi there, welcome from a photo fan.
    • View Profile
    • JackAllTog on ePhotozine
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
Hello, I am new to this Forum. I came across an interesting webpage in which a 70D is shown. What do you think?
Cool, if it come with a 50mm f1.4 lens thats nice too :)  Thanks for posting.
Canon 60D, 24-105, 50 F1.8. 430EX II.
Sigma 10-20, 70 F2.8, 70-300. Studio.
Giotto tripod, Hoya filters.

dlleno

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
If you don't like reading rumours, why come to a forum called "Canon Rumors"?
where have i stated i dont like reading rumors? what i said is that i dont get all super excited with every new rumor and start to write down what i expect the camera to have, over and over again.

You don't seem very adept at discerning the question behind the question, so I'll ask the same question in a few different ways:  why are you here if all you see is "nothing but rumors", and why are you here if the last 4-5 "news" were all a complete and utter fail?  why do you care if others speculate, for entertainment purposes,  on a rumor that you don't deem to be credible? and why do you care if CR wants to generate new traffic by putting out new tidbits to keep people looking at the ads that supply the revenue for the site?

bereninga

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

I don't think that's a real image. It must've been PS'd because I doubt the 70D would have mono mic. The font of the "70D" isn't even the same font as on the 60D. You can tell by the thickness of the 0. I call fake post.

whothafunk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »
why are you here if all you see is "nothing but rumors", and why are you here if the last 4-5 "news" were all a complete and utter fail?
because i keep myself amused at people's naivety, yet i felt the urge to say how funny people look when they get aroused with every new rumor where they start to write down what they expect the new dslr to have, totally oblivious that they keep on doing the same exact thing over and over. agreed, to each his own, but i also have the right to voice my opinion.
Canon 7D Mark II -- Canon 70D -- Canon 8-15L f4 Fisheye USM -- Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS USM II -- Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS USM

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »

dlleno

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
why are you here if all you see is "nothing but rumors", and why are you here if the last 4-5 "news" were all a complete and utter fail?
because i keep myself amused at people's naivety, yet i felt the urge to say how funny people look when they get aroused with every new rumor where they start to write down what they expect the new dslr to have, totally oblivious that they keep on doing the same exact thing over and over. agreed, to each his own, but i also have the right to voice my opinion.

yes, well, you are right about that.  of course, if this is really your reason for being here, then you have even less of a life than those who enjoy speculating , because your entertainment is closer to ad hominum.  At least those who enjoy consuming rumors here find it entertaining to speculate about what could happen in the marketplace,  or capabililties that might be of interest. 

vscd

• EOS M2
  • 5DC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »
@Stuart
>Cool, if it come with a 50mm f1.4 lens thats nice too :)

I really would like to see some kits with fast primes, instead of those bad APS-C-Kit-Zooms. It even would improve Canons way to bring the people up on fullformat, later. Of course a amateur will not know what the advantages of  DSLRs are... they know their compact cameras and want to shoot landscapes, birds and whatever may come.

But the first time they tried a fast prime on open aperture, they'll get their mind blown away. To come back to the 70D, this cam is something for *semiprofessional* use. I think adapting a fast prime makes more sense than another 18-55. Maybe the 35mm 2 IS?

On a 1100D a Kitzoom fits, maybe ;)
5DC, 24-85, 85 1.2L II, 80-200 2.8L, 100 2.8L IS, 14 2.8, 35 1.4, 75-300 IS, 40STM

Satya

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
My prediction...

Canon does not have a new sensor ready. The only reason for delaying 70D is to add enough features to compete with D7100, at 20% less resolution. The ISO performance has to be 4 times better than the competition at $1000 level. If they had released 70D without these possible improvements, it would have been DOA (especially after D7100).

The 70D will have improvements in body (still metal+plastic), swivel touchscreen, under 6 fps, Wi-Fi and GPS but better AF and video. It will have new 360-degree dial, creative filters, etc. It won't be priced over $1150 (if it has to compete).

The biggest features on 70D will be the latest DIGIC processor, improved software and AF system. All other semi-pro features will be for 7D m2, including dual processors and new sensor.

They could do a new sensor with more than current 18MP but it won't be much higher than 20MP.

Canon is promoting 60D and T3i around the globe with heavy discounts. 7D in comparison has lighter discounts. The discounts on 6D ended. That shows what they want to get rid of and stop producing soon.

Thanks.
Satya
EOS XTi, Sigma 17-70mm, EF 50mm f/1.8, 70-200 F/4L.
D7100, 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.8G, 18-105mm VR, 70-300mm VR.

thepancakeman

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »
Reminds me of the photographer at my cousin's wedding. For the big group-shot of all the family and extended family, she kept lifting her camera over her head, taking her best guess at aim, then bringing it down to see if it was okay. She did this 8-10 times until she was satisfied.

My brother, on the other hand, flipped the swivel screen out on his T3i and took two (great) pictures. :)

Of course any wedding photographer worth paying would simply use the stepstool that they brought for such purposes.  ;-)

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »
Reminds me of the photographer at my cousin's wedding. For the big group-shot of all the family and extended family, she kept lifting her camera over her head, taking her best guess at aim, then bringing it down to see if it was okay. She did this 8-10 times until she was satisfied.

My brother, on the other hand, flipped the swivel screen out on his T3i and took two (great) pictures. :)

Of course any wedding photographer worth paying would simply use the stepstool that they brought for such purposes.  ;-)

That's true . . . I miss the rotating screen from the 60D on the 5DmkII --- I use it as a scratch-guard/instant on/off.  Hasn't bothered me enough to stop using my 5D :D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Famateur

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »

Now there's an idea! I'm pretty sure I've got a step stool sized space in my camera bag. Brilliant!  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

Someone stole my stepstool at a wedding :( :'(
APS-H Fanboy

thepancakeman

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »

Now there's an idea! I'm pretty sure I've got a step stool sized space in my camera bag. Brilliant!  ;)

If you're shooting a wedding out of your camera bag, more power to ya! 

I didn't mean to say the flip screen wasn't useful (personally I'm in favor of them), just that in that one instance there are other options. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »