Gear Talk > Canon General

Where to Buy Online Body and Lenses?

(1/3) > >>

thowell76:
I just checked out the Canon's website and realized that I can find the same prices as other online retailers.  What is your favorite online store and reason why?  I have used Beach Camera several years. 

Has anyone bought from bestpricephoto.com?  I am looking at buying a 7D and Best Price is overing it at $1,339.00 which I find alittle fishy.  I am guessing that it is Grey so I emailed them and asked about warranty and other things.  I have not heard back from them. 

dstppy:

--- Quote from: thowell76 on August 16, 2011, 06:14:33 PM ---I just checked out the Canon's website and realized that I can find the same prices as other online retailers.  What is your favorite online store and reason why?  I have used Beach Camera several years. 

Has anyone bought from bestpricephoto.com?  I am looking at buying a 7D and Best Price is overing it at $1,339.00 which I find alittle fishy.  I am guessing that it is Grey so I emailed them and asked about warranty and other things.  I have not heard back from them.

--- End quote ---

1) Never buy online if they aren't a canon authorized reseller (I don't know if that place is)
2) If a deal seems too good to be true, do so.

$1500 is current 'best price' online if you're good at waiting, NewEgg sometimes (accidentally?) includes DSLRs in their %-off coupon codes that are intended for point & shoot cameras.  That tends to be towards November (black-friday season).

thowell76:
Thanks for the input. 

I buy from NewEgg often for much of my computer and electronic needs but never a camera body.  I might end up buying from them since I get free 2 day shipping with them.  I will have to keep a look out for coupon codes. 

thepancakeman:
I usually buy from Adorama. 

I have had very good customer service from them, and have never seen prices elsewhere that were enough lower to risk losing that customer service component.

Yeah, pretty weak for my first post, but gotta start somewhere.   :o

infilm:
I have had great success dealing with B&H Photo. They, like Adorama, have a brick and mortar store in New York. I have bought both new and used items from them and the used stuff is always exactly as described. Samy's Camera is another great retailer and Canoga Camera. Samy's and Canoga Camera have brick and mortar stores. Any online retailer that doesn't have a real store somewhere is always a bit scary to me, if you have a problem it is very easy for an organization to simply not respond to emails. My 10 cents

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version