September 23, 2014, 08:47:41 PM

Author Topic: Any news about replacement (L) versions of the TS-E 90mm & TS-E 45mm  (Read 122 times)

Michael

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
I love the TS-E 17mm.   The current 90mm TS-E has been around for more than 20 years, and lacks the optical quality and independent rotation of Tilt and Shift.   Have rented it, but not in love.     

Should I buy the current TS-E 90mm, or wait and pray (and rent) until a new one is released?

canon rumors FORUM

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
I love the TS-E 17mm.   The current 90mm TS-E has been around for more than 20 years, and lacks the optical quality and independent rotation of Tilt and Shift.   Have rented it, but not in love.     

Should I buy the current TS-E 90mm, or wait and pray (and rent) until a new one is released?

Schneider makes a 2.8/50 PC if that's the length for you.  It is a bit spendy though.

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
The 90mm TS-E is noted for high optical quality, mine was wonderful.  Every 2years or so, we see a rumor about a replacement, but so far, it hasn't happened. 

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
I am doing more and more work that I would rather use the 90TS-E for, but I am going to stick with my 100 L Macro until it gets the MkII rework, not fussed abut the IQ as the current isn't far off, much more concerned about the shift and tilt rotations, I will not buy one until I can control those like the 17 and 24 MkII.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

canon rumors FORUM