Rumors > Lenses

List of rumored lenses

<< < (32/43) > >>

drs:
If it is for film-makers, make it manual, super sharp wide open, and nearly no breathing. ... and a stable image while rack focusing.

For anything else most of us have already glass with lower F stops. Having said that, I would love to have the double f stop of the 1/1.2, but 1/1.4 is fine, 1/2.0 would be the next, and half of the light performance, which makes not really sense to have a prime then (for my personal needs of course, using 1/2.8 zooms).

But I guess, this wish plays too much into the area of the new Cine-lenses which are $4,990 for the T 1/1.3 50mm.

SJTstudios:

--- Quote from: that1guy on August 11, 2010, 01:12:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: ronderick on August 10, 2010, 09:45:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: muteteh on August 10, 2010, 10:39:57 AM ---Why is it that so many people want an EF 24-70mm lens with IS ?

--- End quote ---

There's been reports of QC issues with the current EF 24-70mm (focusing problems, etc.).

Also, an H-IS version of this mid-range zoom would give you more control in low-light situations.

--- End quote ---

Two more reasons:
1-If it was H-IS, it would be even better for video, and video seems to be big for Canon (and growing for that matter).

2-Some people like to use that nice sharp lens stopped down sometimes (say for landscape), but they don't always have a tripod (happens to me all the time); IS could be really handy in a situation like that.  It is basically taking one of the most used lenses, and giving it one more tool.

--- End quote ---

But the 24-70 is a portrait lens, canon wants pros to invest in other gear. And if you really want to stop down for landscapes, you will use a tripod, or otherwise use flash. Get the 24-70 f4 is if the is, and stopped down sharpness is important. This lens and the 85mm 1.2 are some of the lenses that I wished they didn't put on aperture blades, if you need to stop down, there is an alternative.

Jmanc:

--- Quote from: RLPhoto on October 19, 2012, 11:46:13 AM ---My most wanted lens is this

135mm F/1.8L IS USM  :o

--- End quote ---

I want that one as well.

symmar22:
If they could make the same 135mm f2 with IS, I would be more than satisfied, I'm afraid the extra 1/3 of stop of a 1.8 version would only add weight, bulk, a larger filter size and 3 times the price. The new 135mm f2 IS when it comes will likely sell for 1899$ anyway.

RLPhoto:

--- Quote from: symmar22 on November 29, 2012, 11:23:39 AM ---If they could make the same 135mm f2 with IS, I would be more than satisfied, I'm afraid the extra 1/3 of stop of a 1.8 version would only add weight, bulk, a larger filter size and 3 times the price. The new 135mm f2 IS when it comes will likely sell for 1899$ anyway.

--- End quote ---

Zeiss already make's a 135 F/1.8. It should be no big deal for canon.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version