September 02, 2014, 01:15:48 AM

Author Topic: Canon Milestone - 90 Million EF Lenses Manufactured  (Read 6203 times)

Haydn1971

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Milestone - 90 Million EF Lenses Manufactured
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
You do realize that those with an xD or xxD body and more than 1-2 lenses are a minuscule fraction of the Canon dSLR user base, right?    ::)

Out of interest, is there anywhere that shows total numbers of each camera sold ?
Regards, Haydn

:: View my photostream on Flickr, Canon EOS 6D, EOS M ,  16-35mm II, 24-70mm II, 70-300mm L, 135mm f2.0 L, 22mm f2.0, Lensbaby, EOS M adaptor, Cosina CT1G film SLR & 50mm f2.0 lens

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »

wayno

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
You do realize that those with an xD or xxD body and more than 1-2 lenses are a minuscule fraction of the Canon dSLR user base, right?    ::)

Out of interest, is there anywhere that shows total numbers of each camera sold ?

I daresay the Rebels would be rocking those numbers quite hard...

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »

I daresay the Rebels would be rocking those numbers quite hard...
Off topic, but I checked out your FB, I really like your art.

J

Sella174

• 5D Mark III
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »

Yes, I do. What I meant was that it is kinda silly for Canon to say they're the greatest because they built 50 million 18-55mm kit lenses.

(And maybe if Canon made more EF-S primes, xxxD users will perhaps actually buy a second/third lens. What an untapped market?)
Happily ignoring the laws of physics and the rules of photography to create better pictures.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
You are distorting the numbers.  The Canon figures are for EF (Electrically focused) lenses, and do not include3 manual focus lenses.
What are the Nikon figures for their electrically focused lenses?  Far smaller.

I did NOT conjure the numbers. Just google 'Canon lens milestone million' and 'Nikon lens milestone million'. I merely REPORT the manufacturers' claims.

If you do not believe the figures, please take that up with the manufacturers.

You are showing out how easy it is for a person to be fooled by numbers. .  Just because you found as number on the internet does not make it a valid comparison.

Note the title of the post   

It is for EF electrically focused lenses, and not for every lens that Canon has made.  The number you reported for Nikon was for every lens they have made. 

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
So, if that ratio holds, 50 million of those 90 million lenses are most likely the variants of the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens.

That is nothing to be proud of.  :-\

Wonder how many people have only 1 lens and 1body?   We have *only* 5 bodies and 16 lenses (counting TCs but not extension tubes).   Interesting research project for someone at Canon.   Just look at the points in takes to qualify for each level of CPS - rather low in my opinion

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »
Are we going to create pool when the 100 millionth lens will be made?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »