July 28, 2014, 09:46:48 PM

Author Topic: Would there be any chance that EF 200mm f/2L IS USM will be upgraded?  (Read 2541 times)

ZoeEnPhos

• Power Shot G16
  • ©­­®¹
    • View Profile
    • ZoeEnPhos
Hi all here who knows better than me about the future upgrades!

I wonder if there might be a small  or any chance, that Canon may or will produce an upgrade of the white Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM in near future?

Wishing you all happy shootings!

Greetings from Europe and Sweden!

C

Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun!

canon rumors FORUM

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Why? It's already near perfect, the only upgrade would be f/1.8.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Certainly. One day in the future.

RMC33

• 7D
    • View Profile

I wonder if there might be a small  or any chance, that Canon may or will produce an upgrade of the white Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM in near future?

C

It has at-least 5 years. Would it need an upgrade? Not really. I would like mine to be lighter, but after working with it for the last 6 months (and a Mk1 400 2.8 over the last year and a half) I have to say the ONLY thing I would want is PF mode for certain situations, and IS mode 3.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile

C

There have been no upgrade rumors.  Its not a fast selling lens, and is not easy to resell, so don't expect Canon to invest in a upgrade in the next 10 years.  There are just too many other lenses to upgrade, and there are "M" lenses, Cinema lenses, etc that are taking a lot of Canons design resources.

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile

There have been no upgrade rumors.  Its not a fast selling lens, and is not easy to resell, .

Speaking of which... what do you think is the resale for the similarly priced 300 F2.8 mkII
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

RMC33

• 7D
    • View Profile

C

There have been no upgrade rumors.  Its not a fast selling lens, and is not easy to resell, so don't expect Canon to invest in a upgrade in the next 10 years.  There are just too many other lenses to upgrade, and there are "M" lenses, Cinema lenses, etc that are taking a lot of Canons design resources.

Indicators of Canon having little to no stock of the 200 f/2 (numerous sources have stated this) would suggests that there is an upgrade in the pipeline or that it is just a very good selling lens. Got mine for $4100 used and could easily sell it for $5000. Canon will do the 200 f/2 when it does the 800 f/5.6 as those lenses are same generation.

canon rumors FORUM