September 19, 2014, 12:24:17 PM

Author Topic: Lens got sprayed with mists from waterfall. TODO?  (Read 1823 times)

killswitch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Lens got sprayed with mists from waterfall. TODO?
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
Was shooting the Bridalveil Fall in Yosemite, and it was windier than usual that day. I was using the 16-35 II, and I had a ND filter on. After the shoot, I realized the mist from the waterfall nearly soaked the interior of the hood. Like soaked it pretty well enough that there was a small pool of water inside the hood, and front of the filter glass. I have wiped the lens down, but do I need to take extra measures to make sure its dried well enough. I guess I am a bit paranoid.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:06:18 AM by killswitch »

canon rumors FORUM

Lens got sprayed with mists from waterfall. TODO?
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Lens got sprayed with mists from waterfall. TODO?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:04:58 AM »
If you do not see water or fog in the lens, its fine.  Water doesn't get into a moisture sealed lens like a 16-35mm L quickly or easily.  Unless you see signs of moisture in the lens, I wouldn't worry.

Aegis1984

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:45:35 AM »
Should not be a problem at all.  I'd be more concerned about your camera body if it isn't weather sealed.  My 7D was coated with sea spray from rough weather on vacation in January and it's perfectly fine.  Took my new 24-70 f2.8 into an aquarium and their amazon exhibit was so humid that it fogged up my filter and left a visible layer of condensation on everything (Not even going to describe my shirt after that), and it was still fine.

Just make sure you clean up everything of dust, dirt and sediment and you will be fine.

killswitch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Thanks folks. I cant rest my mind for now. I will be giving it another thorough check to make sure its nice and clean.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »