August 20, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

Author Topic: Canon USA Account and Product Registration Benefits, ie instant firmware updates  (Read 8103 times)

Steve Todd

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon SLR/DSLR user since 1976
    • View Profile
I am sure many of you in the USA already have an account with Canon USA and are aware of the benefits of registering your Canon equipment with them.  However, I recently helped a fried to join and register his cameras, lenses, printer, and scanner.  Once he registered his cameras, he immediately received emails listing the latest firmware updates for several of his DSLRs that he didn't know were out yet!  Having this instant notification of firmware and other technical updates, makes having to search the web every so often totally unnecessary!  Additionally, you can select other services, such as receiving their Newsletter, product announcements, etc.  also, you get 10 GB of free image storage on their Image Gateway program.  You also receive discounts through the Canon Store if you take the time to answer all the questionairs for your products.

https://b2cweb.usa.canon.com/b2cweb/view/login.jsf?TYPE=33554432&REALMOID=06-979697ef-63e3-49da-a97f-795f9d794fcc&GUID=1&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=-SM-SPnuJLVI%2b1NhU8q9X4JtIpqiRboYEqM49iCkDfu%2f0b2E%2fzveqSpO4UF3UH%2fdXG9X&TARGET=-SM-http%3a%2f%2fb2cweb%2eusa%2ecanon%2ecom%2fb2cweb%2fview%2fmyAccountHome%2ejsf
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:25:35 AM by Steve Todd »
EOS-1D X, 1D4, 5D2, 5D, EOS-1V, 1n, and a bunch of lenses.

canon rumors FORUM

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
Nice service.   Now if Canonwould find a easy way for me remove items that I no longer have

Steve Todd

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon SLR/DSLR user since 1976
    • View Profile
The registered products icon on your account page allows you to remove items...I just cleaned out several old items from mine yesterday.
EOS-1D X, 1D4, 5D2, 5D, EOS-1V, 1n, and a bunch of lenses.

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
All of my bodies and lenses are registered and I'm Gold CPS, but I don't receive updates when firmware has been/will be released.  I usually find out about upcoming and released firmware on here.

sanjosedave

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Why highlight 10GB free when Yahoo raised the bar by giving all yahoo account holders 1 TB of storage for free

Chris Burch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • CHRIS BURCH photography
It's a different registration process than the CPS site.  However, I've been registered at both and still get nothing for firmware updates and product notices.
Canon 1DX, 5D Mark III, 5D MarkII

canon rumors FORUM