November 22, 2014, 07:05:22 AM

Author Topic: Miami trip  (Read 4159 times)

V_Raptor

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Miami trip
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:11 AM »
G'Day ppl

I live in Australia and I'll be in Miami for a week from June 13th, can you guys recommend a nice camera shop/superstore to visit (and make some damage) on the credit card ?? I would love to have time to go to B&H or Adorama etc however it's a business trip and I won't have all the time I would like to have in my hands, therefore somewhere "local" will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

AL

canon rumors FORUM

Miami trip
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:11 AM »

V_Raptor

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Miami trip
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:39:32 AM »
600 + viewers and no one had  the decency to help out with some suggestion of where to go in Miami to shop cameras etc ??!?! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I guess if is not bitching about each other or talking crap about this or that lens, or "how soft, bad focus, blablablablablablabla" is not really important at all eh ??

Yeah fu#k the colleague coming from the other side of the world with no spare time to try-and-error all the options that come out of a google search...

Thanks very much....At least we know what makes ppl tick now days...

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:45:23 AM »
Sorry, but I live 1500 miles from Miami. I have no idea for a camera shop in that region.

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »

Google loves you…

Now how hard was that?

I'm in the U.K. and could do it. Now put yours toys back in your pram and have a look.

Incidentally, I used Wolf Camera in Orlando a long time ago and they were good.
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
Harry,

You obviously didn't actually read your own sarcastic search, amongst the hits there is only one semi pro store, Electric Avenue, the rest are Walgreen's shops and other irrelevant outlets.

As for Wolf Camera in Orlando, a mere 250 miles from Miami, they closed down years ago. The only decent central Florida pro camera dealer is Colonial Photo And Hobby in Orlando.

I do not know of a dedicated interesting well stocked pro Canon dealer in Southern Florida.
Never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up.

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
Whatever, I was responding to his tantrum. The point was to research it himself. If Google doesn't know then nobody will.

Given his behaviour, I really couldn't give two shits if he finds a camera shop or not.
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
Then just don't post. I don't see how posting more irrelevant misinformation is any more constructive than raptors second post.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

Alrik89

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
I've been working in Miami Beach and there is a camera store at 1671 Collins Avenue.

triggermike

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
    • mike fossler photography
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:20:46 PM »
There is a new Calumet store in Fort Lauderdale. They bought the old Wolf Camera location on US-1 (Federal Highway) and Sunrise Blvd. Good group of salespeople and good supply of gear + their own brands of lighting, monopod a, etc. You can check them out online - they are out of Chicago. The Ft Lauderdale store is Bout 30-45 mins out of downtown Miami.

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »
Then just don't post. I don't see how posting more irrelevant misinformation is any more constructive than raptors second post.

You can see the irony here, no?  :P

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »

You can see the irony here, no?  :P
Taking somebody to task for being unhelpful and rude is not ironic, it is a form of self regulation that seems to keep most posters out of the sights of the mods and this forum the pretty cool place that it is.
Whatever, I was responding to his tantrum. The point was to research it himself. If Google doesn't know then nobody will.

Given his behaviour, I really couldn't give two shits if he finds a camera shop or not.

But hey, if you want to write stuff like that then be my guest, I will just skip over any of your posts even if they are on point.  Is your answer to a screaming child to scream at it? Does that achieve the result you were looking for? Does that create the kind of environment you want to spend time in?

TeenTog

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Teen Tog
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
Ok, let's all settle down here. I've always thought that this is one of the few forums on the internet not full of raging people attempting to get the last word, and let's keep it that way.
Rebel T3, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6, EF 50mm f/1.8, 430EX II, Nikon EL 2, Assorted Nikkor primes

Samir

• SX60 HS
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »
I would suggest Electric Avenue. Its on Flagler and one block west of Biscayne Blvd (a main street) in Downtown Miami. I typically by photo stuff online through Amazon but when I need something same day I usually go to Electric Avenue. A tip would be to research BandH and know the prices. They usually try to give the same price from BandH. I think they also accept returns within 30 days or something.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 12:43:43 AM »

Taking somebody to task for being unhelpful and rude is not ironic, it is a form of self regulation that seems to keep most posters out of the sights of the mods and this forum the pretty cool place that it is.

But hey, if you want to write stuff like that then be my guest, I will just skip over any of your posts even if they are on point.  Is your answer to a screaming child to scream at it? Does that achieve the result you were looking for? Does that create the kind of environment you want to spend time in?

So, I give a guy a hard time for attacking the forum just because it doesn't jump when he clicks his fingers and you give me a hard time?

Feel free to ignore my posts. You must be pretty self important if you think that would be of any consequence to me.

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »
600 + viewers and no one had  the decency to help out with some suggestion of where to go in Miami to shop cameras etc ??!?! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I guess if is not bitching about each other or talking crap about this or that lens, or "how soft, bad focus, blablablablablablabla" is not really important at all eh ??

Yeah fu#k the colleague coming from the other side of the world with no spare time to try-and-error all the options that come out of a google search...

Thanks very much....At least we know what makes ppl tick now days...
Wow, that's a pretty rude way of asking for help :o ... have you even considered the possibility that not all of us live in Miami? or the possibility that not everyone reads every single post on this forum? ::) Most folk at CR are very helpful. Before asking for help/suggestions, most of us generally do some research online, narrow down our selection(s) and ask CR members what they think and/or suggest ... if people do not respond, a polite request/reminder is the way to approach ... but your approach seems to be just crib, cry and blame everyone else without making any effort. Your approach will only p!ss people off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:20:49 AM by Rienzphotoz »
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »