October 21, 2014, 12:12:48 PM

Author Topic: Canon Professional Service - one gripe  (Read 2010 times)

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
Canon Professional Service - one gripe
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Overall I am very happy with CPS, but I have one gripe about them.  Unlike, what I am told is true for NPS, CPS does not give members priority ordering for new equipment.  Would be nice to get priority access to the newest equipment ..  I would be nice, won't it.

canon rumors FORUM

Canon Professional Service - one gripe
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Professional Service - one gripe
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
It depends how big a customer you are. If you are in a position to get 15-20 new 1DX bodies, then you'll be first in line...no question. If you are a smaller operator then friendship and a completely professional, respectful relationship with your CPS may well cut through if that is important to you.

There is usually a fairly long lead time between new product announcements and actual shipping dates, so if you get your name on a wait list at a big, high volume authorised Canon reseller as soon as the new product is announced, you'll be pretty close to the front of the queue when the 1DX-II (or whatever) eventually ships.

There is a great deal of truth in the old saying, "the early bird always catches the worm..."

FWIW I have had no gripes with CPS in over 15 years. I think they are awesome, and are the prime reason I switched from Nikon 15-16 years ago. Nikon NPS may have lifted their game in the meantime, but CPS won my business as a long-term Canon customer.

-PW

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:12 PM »
As soon as the 200-400 was announced I signed up at amazon only to find too late that will receive their 1st shipment June 30 while every one gets theirs early June.   Of course I am leaving on a trip I late June so I had to find the lens elsewhere.

All I want is 1 lens

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:12 PM »